• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EMAGDNIM367 View Post
    I fell for the first time on mine.
    That sucks, you ok
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
      That sucks, you ok
      Yea im ok. It was the first corner i took from a stop sign. New tires and didnt break them in and hit the throttle coming out of the turn and the tire just spun and i slid out. My hip is sore but thats all. Kat is ok, plan on repainting the whole thing anyways later this summer. Be carefule with new tires. Me being a n00b learned from experience.

Comment

• I put on my new front sprocket. Thanks again Taz.
        J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

• I guess to add to the falling....i put my new tires on today. Which resulted in nothing good.

Comment

• Cleaned up my exhaust.

One of the previous owners must have low sided or something because there are big gouges in the can, and it had a bunch of corrosion on it from sitting in the barn for 10 years but I disassembled it and threw it in the glass bead machine and then worked on it with some scotch brite pads, sandpaper and finally aluminum polish. It's not perfect but it's a lot better! Here's the result:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Moved it out of the way so I could put the wife's new to her '00 SV650.. altho at the moment she thinks it belongs to her dad.. till her B-Day at the end of the month...
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Yea im ok. It was the first corner i took from a stop sign. New tires and didnt break them in and hit the throttle coming out of the turn and the tire just spun and i slid out. My hip is sore but thats all. Kat is ok, plan on repainting the whole thing anyways later this summer. Be carefule with new tires. Me being a n00b learned from experience.

Todays damage.

Comment

Todays damage.
                  That spot takes it bad every time a pre goes down.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• (yesterday)
                    took off swing arm and linkage, all the bearings are pretty bad. some inner races just fell out and others wouldn't turn at all. also removed all controls from the clip ons. preparing for dirtbike bars. cut off some unnecessary fairing mounting tabs. swinger and linkage will be sand blasted painted then get new bearing pressed in.

Comment

• putting on my new chain today.
                      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

• Looked at the Kat with a tear in my eye while she sits there with her heart torn out, waiting for the transplant

Comment

• Fork Seals

First Katana - Not my first bike.

Bought it a few week ago and notice the fork seals leaking and decided to replace them myself. I'm not an expert but it seems pretty straight forward. I'll let you know how it goes.
                          Just a dude, doing dude things, in a not so dude world.
                          91 Katana 750. stock.

Comment

• Drained the oil because I thought there was gas in it.. Errr no..
                            But hey, it needed it anyway.
                            Synched the carbs, found a bad float, fixed it.
                            Set up a stereo in the garage.
                            Gotta have that, hacked in an input for the 'droid.

Comment

• Here's a quick story that happened to me about 2 months ago. My Kat had been sitting in my shop since probably October. I hadn't started it all winter - unusual for me. I had to put the battery charger on it while I was working one day, deciding to start it and warm it up. Near the end of the day, I got it started. It smelled dirty, like grass or leaves burning off the exhaust. Thinking it was just cob-webs, I let it run a little longer. A few seconds later, a bright orange glow caught my eye. Flames were shooting up out of the lower cowling! A quick inspection revealed a small bunch of oak leaves had been inside the lower cowling and the hot exhaust set them on fire! I managed to grab a little water and throw it on the leaves, making a stinky, smoky mess. Chalk it up as a lesson learned. No harm done.
                              Douglas Derby
                              Sturgis ATV and Small Engine Repair

'04 Suzy Kat 600

Comment

• Oil change and a 20mile ride!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X