No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I was at work, so I was not able to ride, but I was able to repair a few holes and cracks in the replacement fairing I bought. I got most of it sanded and tomorrow I will finish sanding it and get my first coat of primer on it!

Comment

• This was for yesterday, but got (nearly) everything done on the bike, and took it out for a breif spin. I bought the bike in the fall, and since then, its got a TON of work done:
      -repainted the fairings from green->solid black
      -new tires
      -new clutch lever
      -oil change
      -air filter change
      -repainted/cleaned the exhaust
      -replaced all the stock bolts with some gloss black
      -new mirrors
      -new front and rear turn signals
      -fixed an exhaust leak
      -extended the wheel on the swigarm slightly
      -and Im sure Im missing some other things, but I cant remember

Next saturday is my birthday, think Im gonna take the day off and go out riding all day long. This is my first bike, been riding harleys for my dad, but now I got my own bike, and Im really excited
      Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• I looked at it, had a small urge to fix a few wiring probs, then went to eat breakfast -_-
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        Current project: Un-Katchable
        sigpic

Comment

• Over the weekend I did an oil change, put new filiter, charged/trickled the batt, drain the old fuel. It's pretty much prepped for riding.
          -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
          sigpic

Comment

• just primed the frame motor has been out for a few days now motor is also stripped down to bare block getting ready to bore it to 771 and have head port n polishd and i ground all the welds on the frame smooth busy day hahah
            I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

• changed my plugs and wires, cleaned out the carbs, and now she runs awesome and doesnt die after she is warm. i still need to figure out why i only have high beams tho on my HID kit. they are off on low beam but high beams work????
              -objects in mirror are losing- ---- ---- ----

-98 GSXF 750 Kat-

Comment

• well i got alot done.
                new exhaust V&H
                cleaned the carbs
                put dynojet stage 1 kit in
                synced the carbs
                cut the rear fender and made a homemade fender eliminator
                wired in flush mount turn signals all the way around
                re wired the rear end (to clean up the mess the last guy left)
                ordered a new ignition, and a new windscreen

Comment

• Got on Ebay, and bought some goodies, CNC shorty levers, carbon look brake reservoir cover.

Comment

• Calipers scraping rotors?

Any ideas why my front left brake caliper would be scraping my rotor? I changed the fork oil in the front dampers and for some reason my left side rotor is scraping against the caliper now. Tried loosening the wheel a bit but that didn't seem to help much.

Comment

• Changed my oil even though I've only ridden it once.

Comment

• eBay got a visit today and got myself some mph clocks for my '99 GSXF. Can't wait to fit them when they arrive.
                        Ok, so i'm from the UK, don't hold it against me! I love my 1999 GSX750F.

Comment

• Bought a new front tire
                          "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                          Chris
                          graphic designer | drummer
                          2002 Katana 600
                          Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

• went to take er out for a ride today..... *cough .. cough ... sputter* ...
                            got more fuel (was below the red bar on empty refueled to half a tank).... *cough cough sputter* ... WTH?!
                            back in the garage, took battery out and on charger... lowered my triple tree 3/4" made other adjustments....
                            tomorrow, gonna drain out gas and refuel ... reinstall battery ... find out why the "coughing fit"
                            might have got a batch of bad gas ...

Comment

• Took her out for a first ride. First ride ever for me. Bike ran great.

But at 5 deg C it was kinda chilly.

Comment

• i finally finish my winter project, please leave feed back i would like your opinion. look for my post FINALLY PICTURES OF MY KATANA post on 3-29-11
                                LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Working...
                                X