No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolted up my rims today with fresh 2CT's mouned on them. With a 160 in the rear.
    Is the warm weather here yet....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Wow, those stick WAY out. How are you going to look at your elbows with those?

Much as I like staring at my elbows, those look too long to be stable. If you have trouble with the mirrors drifting around on their own from vibration you might need to shorten the bases a bit.

Cool idea, though. If that doesn't work as well as you like you might want to look at doing something similar to what I have on my 1100. It's got the mirrors on a hinged arm (that can fold back to narrow down the bike) and the mirror glass moves inside a fixed cup. (You adjust the mirror inside the cup, just like on a lot of modern cars.)
      I was trying to get them far enough out to angle back to see my butt :P
      they are exactly 2" further out than the original lol due to keeping the swivel on the AM mirror.
      Cant see your pics good enough to see what your mirror looks like.
      ty for the input though. I appreciate it alot. I have not done a test ride yet so not sure on stability.

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
      Hehe...no offense...I was thinking they'd be good when you hook up a trailer too.
      Well trailers dont hook themselves up And do you know how hard it is to see past the sides of a 16' pop up camper?????? Kinda rough
      Last edited by dabaitman; 03-04-2011, 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabaitman View Post
        ...Cant see your pics good enough to see what your mirror looks like...
        I'll try to remember to post a closeup of one of my mirrors in the morning.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• installed Jetkit in mom ninja 250, changed oil, new cables new plugs.

started dads ZZR600

started by bike, changed oil, and ran the **** out of it for an hour! YAY
          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

• rode it like I stole it for about 2hrs.

55deg and sunny is TWO WHEEL TIME.

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• figured out my wiring problem on my project bike

Comment

• Rode it to school. And back.
                1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• Looked at mine sitting idle in the garage waiting for the damn snow to stop!!!!!!!! The weatherman said no more snow, well F U!!! ITs snowing right now and supposed to be 30s all week so i bet we get more!!! UGH Springs never gonna come!!!
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:
                  1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• spent another day trying to figure out what the problem is with my tranny
                    It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

• got some new blinkers(front flushies and rear mini flushies) ordered and got a new riding jacket on the way.
                      plan on trimming the tail end to have a true fender elimination done when the rear mini flushies come in. ill post pics after its done.

Comment

• Gave it to my wife and got myself a R1
                        I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

• Got it all put together! I have been working on rebuilding the carbs, painting the exhaust, valve adjustment, and some other misc. stuff.
                          Getting the airbox onto the carbs took 3-4 hours across the last 2 days... the boots just would not stretch over the carb intakes. Eventually WD40 and my heat gun did the trick! I also tried vaseline, and it didn't seem to be working, but I also wasn't using the heat gun then.
                          ...and then after it was all together, I remembered that the A/F screws are turned all of the way in. So the tank and stuff has to come back off, but it's 1am and I'll leave THAT for tomorrow. At least the damned airbox can stay on the carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Kat06 View Post
                            Gave it to my wife and got myself a R1

Comment

• Ordered an R1 integrated tail light, ordered new D.I.D. O ring chain, Ordered new stock front and rear sprockets, installed New NGK plugs.
                              1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• Planning on cleaning the carbs, new brake pads, ignition advancer, new air cleaner, and new plugs, new oil and filter
                                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                                Current Bikes:
                                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X