X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6Kat View Post
    Will be putting on the ole girl a new vortex rear sprocket...
    They say to replace chain and both sprockets all at once, or the old worn parts will wear down the new ones extra-quick. The front sprocket is pretty cheap to replace and you can get a good deal on a chain online (eBay etc.)

What was your old bike, BTW?

Comment

• I did an insane carb job on my 93 600. Check out my thread. It says Help!

Comment

• Just come back from a short 100km ride through the hills here in Perth. The Katana is running spot on. Stopped for a coffee and a sausage roll at the half way point and got back as the sun is setting over the trees. Perfect......
        Stripped down the engine of a Suzuki SP600/DR600 this morning. Bought it 'as is' for $120with a seized engine. The piston seized so a rebore and a new piston kit will see that one running. Its the makings of a cafe racer.
        An excellent day all up.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxox View Post
          They say to replace chain and both sprockets all at once, or the old worn parts will wear down the new ones extra-quick. The front sprocket is pretty cheap to replace and you can get a good deal on a chain online (eBay etc.)

What was your old bike, BTW?

My old bike was a 91 750 kat, I will be replacing the chain and front sprocket as well.. Chain will be replaced with a 520 o ring.
          1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• Got a GPS mount for my B-day and went to buy the power outlet to hook up.

Comment

• Looked at it sitting here beside my computer desk, still half apart....

Wishing the snow would go away so I could go ride!! I can't wait!!
              My Bike/Project:
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

• i rode mine 180+ miles to the mountains and back.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• I finished cleaning the carbs for the second time. Put them back in. Got her up and running agian. The best its run since I got it in the fall. Cant wait untill the warm weather gets here.

Comment

• Now run some Seafoam quick before they get a chance to gum up again!
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• started her up! had to put the tender on the battery for a few tho. soon enough it will be time!

Comment

• Fired her up and rode the chit out of her
                        sigpic
                        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• New clutch! And more ductape.
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Now run some Seafoam quick before they get a chance to gum up again!
                            I has Staybill, and fresh fuel in it. That stuff sucks. It only took 2 months for it to gum up. I pulled the vacuume line and let the bike run dry. Next year it will be seafoam. I'm not going to worry about it this year. Wont be long now untill its time to ride.

Comment

• No wrenching for me........

BUT, ...............continued my prayers to the Katana gods to send my way an inexpensive 750 motor for my pre project.
                              Something close so I can afford it.

Comment

• Opened up my new set of 750 carbs and HOLY COW! Rust powder all over the bowls but shiny-clean above the fuel line. One clogged pilot and one clogged main -- not in the same carb. Besides the fact that every piece of rubber in these things is like a rock they're some of the cleanest carbs I've ever seen. I'll get the parts ordered up, get them soaked and they'll be up for sale in no time.
                                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X