X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scarface View Post
    Ordered few little things I needed for the Kat, gas tank cushion and my Trip nob that I never seemed to have sence I've owned it.

What is funny is the Odometer screw for that knob is SOOOO tiny that it is a lot of fun to get it in place. I didn't have a screwdriver small enough to fit inside the knob itself to lock the screw down, so I took an old metal coat hanger and ground the tip into a mini flat head with my grinder. WORKED perfectly to tighten that screw up! Just thought I'd share, since I didn't want to go out and spend money to buy a pack of those mini screwdrivers.
    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• NOTHING! I chopped and shoveled ice all day because I don't want to get sued if some one decides to take a flip on my sidewalks.

Comment

• Finally changed to my new signals and finished my temporary undertail. Then i put some mileage on her.
        Originally posted by chrisgreer23
        Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
        2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
        1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
        2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
        1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

• i but my katana up for sell i have a gsxr now : )
          Last edited by brian t; 02-02-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• I installed low profile turn signals on the front. Used the handy dremel to cut off the phillips head bolts on my intake boots. ordered new boots and orings. Tapped the holes and screwed in my new allen head bolts to protect the threads. Now just gotta wait 2 weeks for the parts and I'll be on the road again

Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
            What is funny is the Odometer screw for that knob is SOOOO tiny that it is a lot of fun to get it in place. I didn't have a screwdriver small enough to fit inside the knob itself to lock the screw down, so I took an old metal coat hanger and ground the tip into a mini flat head with my grinder. WORKED perfectly to tighten that screw up! Just thought I'd share, since I didn't want to go out and spend money to buy a pack of those mini screwdrivers.
            I did the same with a metal coat hanger but made a set of picks lol wrapped the backend with duct tape
            Last edited by outlaw; 02-02-2011, 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Started to sand down the fairings, dont think need to do too much filling to smooth out the rash on them.

To do:
              Carry on with fairings.
              Need to removing headlight and do some plastic welding to repair previous owner fall which damaged the brackets holding headlight to the front frame.
              I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• Ordered an R1 integrated tail light and a set of white LEDs for the licence plate. I also put a bid on a 2008 ninja 250 headlight and priced out the upper fairings to go with it.
                I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                -Unholy m-
                Current project: Un-Katchable
                sigpic

Comment

• Bought a new set of sideview mirrors for the bike to replace the hideous stock ones on the pre-kat.
                  Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Realized i haven't ridden it in weeks. Normally this wouldn't bug most people this time of year but i live in Florida for Christ sake.
                    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                      Realized i haven't ridden it in weeks. Normally this wouldn't bug most people this time of year but i live in Florida for Christ sake.

Jerk... lol I've been off mine since November!
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Well I do live ~200mi from my bike and haven't been home in weeks, I need to make a trip.
                        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• looked at my bike in the shop and plugged the space heater in for her
                          sigpic
                          "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                          "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

• Originally posted by outlaw View Post
                            Where did u order ur trip knob from
                            www.cheapcycleparts.com oem and aftermarket parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by scarface View Post
                              www.cheapcycleparts.com oem and aftermarket parts.
                              Awesome. I was convinced for some reason that it was out of stock or discontinued or something on sites like that, but there it is! Dunno why I was thinking that before, but soon I won't need to use needle nose pliers for that anymore XD

Comment

• New Guages

As riding season approaches, I am buying upgrade parts, decided that the old guage cluster has got to go... so I bought this....3736193.jpg Koso RX-2 guages. Will be a HUGE improvement over hard to see stock guages. Check it out http://kosonorthamerica.com/ I will Post pictures as soon as I get them installed. SWEET!

Comment

Working...
                                X