What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought about it...

Comment

• started it in the house and made the carbon monoxide detector go off:bunny2
      "why I laugh?" Homer S
      Blackdog
      DRz-400e plated
      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

• rode the hell out of it lol then parked it......will ride it agian tomarow when i go see 09katanarider
        I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

• Got the 4-1 header repaired. Had to cut out a damaged section where the PO had flattened it by running into a curb or something, pound it back into (approximate) shape and then weld the piece back onto the header. Next is get the pipes lined up right with the exhaust ports and then send the thing out for sandblasting and powder coat. If I order up the o-rings, springs and new gaskets it should all come together about the same time. Woot!

Finally got the rear wheel spacing right for my 17" wheel conversion. Gave up on grinding down a spare spacer and used grade 8 washers from Ace Hardware. Filled the gap with as many washers as I could, spread the washers out to fill what space was left and tacked the washers together with the wire feed. Pulled everything apart, finished the weld all the way around and voila! the perfect size spacer. Next is fabbing a new caliper arm but that's going to have to wait until I'm done with homework. Stats II. Oof!
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I choped of my unsightly shovel of a fender.

Comment

• looked at it in the shop and found I have a leaky petcock now go the the local bike shop and order a rebuild kit ugh 30 more bucks but she's well worth it
              sigpic
              "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
              "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

• I got to take the Kat out today for a nice ride! Nice balmy 55 degree F day in Oregon. I think drowning the fuel with Seafoam at the end of Nov (I put in double the suggested storage mix, but only has a couple gallons in it so when I fill it up it will be fine) really cleaned out any gunk that may have been in the carbs. I do start every weekend however. It was blowing smoke for a few seconds after it heated up telling me the carbs did have some varnish in there, but it hasn't done that the last couple weekends, which tells me there was some goo in there, but not anymore!

Anyway it ran and rode great! I want to get some miles on her this year (2001 750 with 3095 miles) I only put 1200 on her last year....I work too much!
                My YouTube Videos
                My motorcyle map!

Comment

• I removed plugs, cleaned(looking good) and replaced them, put radiator back in place, got final coat of paint on belly fairing(now weather is warming up).

Petcock next!
                  I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• Went to the shop finally n blew the dust off and started gettin it back together! Hope I'll be able to have it road ready within the next week or 2

Comment

• 50 degree weather! Took her out for 2 hours today.

Comment

• 40 degree weather rode to work and back at 90pmh on the back roads lol faster i go wrmer the motor gets hhahah feels good on the legs
                        I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

• running behind schedule, but got all the fairings & tank sanded down and washed. primer should be going on tonight.
                          sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

• rode around on lake city back roads, loving life. Rode with a friend and he had a bit of a spill but day was great over all

Comment

• After a quick test ride (after a short run over a snow covered dirt road to get to dry pavement). I made it mine with a quick counting of some cash and a 1 hr ride on my trailer in the snow. Parked it, waiting for time to go tinker

DSCF0205.jpg

Comment

• took her out with the guys to a ralley!

theres a little ralley going on today and tommoorrow in atlanta was pretty nice 70 degrees today and a perfect ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X