No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-balanced my rear wheel, my temporary(probably good enough) was making me nervous... overall kept the same weights but moved em like 3" for a perfect balance.

Got new stainless steel bolts for my chain adjusters(bandit mod, needed shorter bolts to tighten chain more)

Had the oil so thought I'd do an oil change and half way thru realized I needed to buy a filter, crap(thought I'd got an extra last time), had to get fram crap filter at walmart as it was too late to go to napa.

Forgot the oil plug and got an unintentional 2 quart flush... I'm jus off tonight, better go to sleep so I can go get oil before work in the morning!
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• I change my windscreen for a smoke one! And it looks Awesome! =D

Comment

• Rode it, car is in the shop again.
        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Took all the panels off to get them ready for paint. Ill worry about the gas tank when I get the panels preped.

My Bike/Project:
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

• Rebuilt my carbs today, learned how to bench sync them, kinda cool. One of the air/fuel mix screws was completely just not there, had to buy a whole rebuild kit to get a new one. I still have to lean it out a bit, its so rich it bogs under throttle, runs ok with the choke tho

Comment

• Originally posted by dschack View Post
              ............. I still have to lean it out a bit, its so rich it bogs under throttle, runs ok with the choke tho
              That sounds like a contradiction. IF it bogs normally, then runs better with the choke on, you would be running lean not rich.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris438 View Post
                Took all the panels off to get them ready for paint. Ill worry about the gas tank when I get the panels preped.

Wow, that silver engine really sets it off. Love the chrome. Really nice bike.

Comment

• Chris438- where did you get your wheels. Love em. Or are they Bought? or did you get em Dipped?
                  Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

• Fueled her and rode to work - starting to snow pretty heavy, so not looking forward to the commute (40 mi) home
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

• looked at her in the garage as I waved by and went snowboarding.
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Took the starter out, cleaned it, reassembled it backwards, reassembled it the right way, changed the starter relay to a Ford part, and now it's ready to go back together.

Comment

• Ordered chrome bar ends. Picked up a set of replacement bolts so I can go over the panels and replace some temporary ones that I had installed. Looking for a headlight assemby for a 98 750 - cracked in a few spots. Fixed with fibreglass but there is a rattle noise in there that drive me nuts!

Comment

• Cleaned off the pipes, prepping them to be repainted
                            Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• Started working on the mock-up for my 17" wheel conversion. 5.5 x 17" GSXR rear and pre-Kat front wheel. Still waiting on the rear rotor to arrive in the mail but so far it's looking like I'll need to play with the spacers on the rear axle to make this work.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• went tire shoppin'...

Comment

Working...
                                X