No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since I got my 92 kat 600 I've changed all fluids and plugs. Stripped and repainted fairings and tank only thing not painted is the front fender. Just need to find time to take my front wheel off. Tuned the carbs and now she's sittin in my garage and won't start waitin on new spark plugs wires and if I still don't get a good spark I'm thinkin I'll have to replace the coils. Can't wait to ride again hopefully soon. It sucks that there's not too many places to buy parts for our bikes except online makes for quick fixes takin waaaaaay tooo long

Comment

• I changed a brake lever yesterday.
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

• I put the kat up on its rear stand and then took all the fairings off... removed the seat, undid the 2 bolts for the gas tank, undid the electrical for the gas tank, remove the 2 gas tank vent tubes, pulled off the 3 tubes off the petcock. (realized I need to rebuild the petcock.) set the tank aside, removed the 4 brackets for the airbox and the 2 vent tubes that went along the top of it, pulled the airbox out of the way. Removed the 4 brackets connecting the carb bodies to the engine, pulled the carbs out of the silicon boots... got gas from the bowls spilt down inside the bike. Went to pull the carbs out to replace them with my new ones and realized... damit, I cant figure out how to get the choke and throttle cables off!

Now the bike will sit until next weekend when I can take another crack at getting those cables off.
        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Left it at home cuz it stranded me...
          When do you bbite the bullet and pay a shop to fic your bike After the 5th time it makes you late for work...
          I invite you to church.

Comment

• Threw some magnets on the oil filter, might have to move em to the pan now that I've done some research...
            95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
            ---
            I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• Nothing..... just waiting on parts for my front end swap.

Comment

• Installed Intergrated tail light!!!!! Thanks for the help on here!
                99 Ford F150 4x4
                04 Mustang GT
                2010 Camaro SS
                06 GSX600F
                sigpic

Comment

• Nothing, too cold here in Florida.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Let it sit under the carport while I figure out why the gixxer has an ignition miss on #2 cyl and why the bike hesitates when I 'mash' the throttle. Sounds like a carb'd car that has too small of a squirter. Gonna play with it some more this weekend.
                    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                    90 GSXR 750/1216
                    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                    sigpic

Comment

• Well since the bad weather has hit here in Ole Blighty I've been doing a number of things to my Kat. It started by completely removing the tank and front fairings, this was to reset the head/rockers, give engine a degrease and generally clean it up, since only bought over the summer.

I also knew the swing arm needed de-rusting and repainting, but I'm having difficulty getting the main swing pin out, bolt removes fine but pin will not slide through , have a feeling the pin may be fused to the sleeve/spacer, any ideas???

I also decided to chop the shovel off the back and fabricate a replacement, what do you think?

Still got some tidying up and put on some blinkers, either old ones or set of minis.

But that's what I did over the weekend!

Attached Files
                      I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• It was recovered...

My Kat had been stolen about two months ago. The insurance paid out and everything went relatively smoothly as far as that goes, so now I have an 03' Triumph Speed Triple 955i.

I got a call a couple days that the bike has been recovered about a 2 hours away from where I live. The (I'll refrain from using the name I want to call the thief) popped off the ignition and spray painted it primer black so it wouldn't be recognized.

Ugh! I hate that my baby has been so desecrated!!!

This took forever to perfect the design and some (again...refraining) SPRAY PAINTED IT BLACK!!! (link to pic of it on my FB page below)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1258141459

Oh well, now Progressive owns it and they just auction recovered bikes off after the police use them as evidence. Frankly, with Christmas being a financial black hole due to two little munchkins, I can't afford to try and win a bid war to get it back.

I do have to say though that I absolutely LOVE the new bike!!! (link to it below...yes it's FB again)

Mag-log in sa Facebook para magsimulang magbahagi at makipag-ugnayan sa iyong mga kaibigan, pamilya, at mga kilala mong tao.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

JD
                        "Never argue with a fanatic about religion....unless you take as much as amusment as I do in the serenity and beauty of watching a sweet and innocent person devolve into a raving lunatic who's foaming at the mouth. Aaah...memories..." *Looking wistfully into the horizon as I pop another host wafer into my mouth from the plastic covered roll in my hand.*

Comment

• Kat

Switched out the ugly long signals with some flush mounts in the front and short stalk in the back. I also replaced some blown fork seals form the previous owner.

Comment

• New to me seats off ebay be cause mine were torn and it rains here in oregon. They had been reupolstered(they've got stiched seams) and I think they got new foam at the time... Feels like a much denser foam, firmer, couldn't be happier.
                            95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                            Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                            ---
                            I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• Moved the spare parts Kat out of the trailer, so the GSX-R could keep the wifes Kat company and be out of the snow. (first white Christmas forecasted for Rock Hill, SC since 1947 lol.)
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

• installed my FP jet kit. changed a couple dash bulbs. who knew Volvo bulbs would work? cleaned chain. glued boots to air filter housing. just killing time at work.
                                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                                X