X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought new tires

got 2 new tires dunlop q2 tires for 198.00 shipped to the door if you need tires get ahold of me i got a friend that own a warehouse.

Comment

• Got the carbs back in and there's NO LEAKS! She starts and runs great now, without having to hold the choke lever cracked open. Now it's time to put her clothes back on and take her for a ride!

Quick, what's the difference between a bike and a woman? With a bike you put her clothes ON to take her for a ride!
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Nothing, but I finally scored the inverted forks I was after.

Comment

• Got waylaid on the way to the garage so I could help out with the turkey. Looked up from washing my hands and... SNOW! Of all things. The bike looks great, runs right and it's snowing.

Tomorrow's supposed to be raining and in the 50s. Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be clear and in the 40s. Those I can deal with for a little while.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• And I did. Only 40 miles and my fingers are still tingling from the cold but it was worth it. She's a whole different bike now, though. The carbs are right and the steering's good to go. You can definitely tell the difference the 16" wheels make compared to my 750's 17 inchers. Much less stable. Looks like I'll be working on the 17" wheel swap this winter.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• (Yesterday)
              Jump started it with cables because it cranked itself dead trying to start in this new cold air season...
              I invite you to church.

Comment

• Didn't do anything to the Kat but got my gixxer running, ordered a front tire for it, and yanked the valve cover trying to find the source of a 'tinking' noise coming from the top of the engine at idle. Also broke 2 spark plug wires while pulling the boots off the plugs.....
                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                90 GSXR 750/1216
                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                sigpic

Comment

• Gettin ready to go to bed, got work in the morning, and my bike is still on the lift(I was doing some measuring as I plan on building hard bag brackets). My kickstand rubs the exhaust(anyone want to donate a sidestand?) and I see what I've been putting off fixing has become a small hole in the pipe. So I grab my mig welder, clean the area and clamp the ground on to go at it. Get close, close my eyes and tack a little. Open my eyes and the hole has grown 4x! I had been welding 1/4' steel and the voltage is way up! CRAP! Turned it down and tacked the crap out of that thing! Grinded a little to get it pretty sealed and will work for now. Guess I should find a stand to slap on and fix the exhaust...
                  95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                  Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                  ---
                  I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• Carb Sync'd

Spark plugs changed yesterday and carbs synced today
                    now she stands for her name
                    She CUTS wind like the KATANA

Comment

• Got my replacement radiator for my FrankenTana..
                      of course the moron packed it like the first thing he's ever shipped through UPS.
                      A perfectly pristine GSXR1100 Radiator is ruined smashed lower rad hose tube and ripped it from the tank..
                      The guy actually packed it in 2 garbage bags then a thin undersized box and called it done.. I guess he thought the piece of a box filling the hole would give it extra padding..
                      He asked me, "So you want me to file a claim with UPS?"
                      where do these people come from and how do they keep replicating?
                      "You're only Limited, by Your own mind..."
                      "FrankenTana" 1989 GSX1100F w/ 93 GSXR water cooled motor installed and causing smiles from ear to ear.
                      click video link to see the bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Z-AY0g9Aw

Comment

• New front tire came in and had it mounted. The guy who balanced it was a bit surprised since it's a bike from 1989 and he said it looked like the wheel has never hit a curb and probably hasn't been through wheelies. It was good to hear that since I bought the bike without really knowing if it had been abused over the past 21 years!
                        Now if only the sprockets would come in already...

Comment

• Originally posted by foxox View Post
                          New front tire came in and had it mounted.
                          Went to install it on the bike... tire is on backwards. D'OH! I guess I go back tomorrow...

Comment

• bought some new rubber

i got me 2 dunlop Q2 tires for my bike know i just got to save the money to get them put on!!!!!!hooah

Comment

• Took to buddies garage bout an hour before it started to snow. Talk about last minute! Well at least I can sleep at night now.

Comment

• Double bubble screen from Hong Kong!
                                95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                                ---
                                I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                                X