No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went through the carbs. They were jetted (FP needles with stock jets for OEM exhaust/intake) and gone over for the PO last year by our little banned buddy. Fuel hoses were kinked, AF screws were set 1/4 turn leaner than FP recommends, bowl screws (mild steel cap screws, not SS) were 4mm too short so they only catch 2 threads (1 was stripped), linkage springs were out of position and idle adjuster was stripped. Good grief!

Lubed up the throttle and choke cables, swapped out the grips and now I'm waiting for glue to dry on the fairing edge trim before I put her all back together.

This winter I'm going to spend a whole bunch of time cleaning rust off of little bits and painting them. Battery box, bar ends, etc. Nothing major but it's nice to pull the seat and see a 20 year-old bike looking like new.

I'm thinking hard about doing the 17" wheel conversion on the rear end this winter, too. I've got a GSXR rim already and it "should" drop right in. Just need to figure out what I want to do about the brakes. Using a GSXR rotor means I've got to play with lining up the caliper. A Kat rotor would have to be drilled to fit the GSXR rim and then there's the possibility of finding a different rotor that'll line up with the rim and the caliper in its' stock location. That should keep me entertained for a bit...
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• got in 200 miles in n.ga. mtns.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• chopped a Vance Hines I bought from Ebay and made it a shorty!
        sigpic
        http://eternal-mc.com
        http://eternalmc.freeforums.org

Comment

• scrubbed in my new rear Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• Bumped into it and busted the right rear turn signal....
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Re-installed the carbs and tank, hooked everything up, primed the carbs and... cleaned up the gas that dumped out of #3&4. Drat, Drat and triple Drat! 2 float valves not sealing up. Now I get to take it all apart again and figure out if it's dreck in the valve seats, stuck floats or what. That's what I get for not ops-checking before I put everything back together.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Ordered my new 180 Pilot Power for the rear!
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• opened my package form bike bolt. All new fairing bolts

Comment

• Drained the battery trying to start it. It's time to adjust the carbs for cold weather. (it left me stranded!@#$)
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

• Waved to it in the storage garage while I got out my snowboard for this season.
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Had a midnight chain lube and oil top off this morning before bed.
                        I invite you to church.

Comment

• I took advantage of one of the last warm dayz up here. I RODE TODAY on the Cape in the Northeast with a bud. It was a BLAST. Probably the LAST time this season It's been a good year all in all. Lookin' forward to SPRING !
                          sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

• Studiously ignored it while I worked on my Computer Networking class. (Cisco CCNA. OOF!)

I did get in the SS screws for the carbs, though. McMaster Carr rocks! $4.93 for 100 screws and $4.25 for 1-day shipping. (Ordered Sunday night, got them in today. Their website doesn't give you any cheaper options on shipping so...) All told, though that's $.0918 per screw. Not bad considering 4x16 SS cap screws (or any other size metric cap screw) aren't available locally. Next time I order from them I'll try to have a shopping list so the per-screw price should be a lot lower.

I need to pull the carbs back out anyway so the screws will get installed then. #4 is leaking at the bowl gasket. Maybe that's why PO's carb guy (our little banned buddy who shall not be named) set the floats so low...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Powdercoated my rear wheel and "tweaked" my new swingarm.
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• -Rode on new front tire(Pilot Road 2)

-Rode for the first time in sub-freezing temps

-Installed Bandit chain tensioners I had modified over the weekend (was thinking if anyone wanted I could mod these for em cuz having something welded can be spendy... PM me)

95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                                ---
                                I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                                X