No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I adjusted and oiled the chain and put the battery charger on it last night. I'm about to go take her for a 60-80 mile rip, maybe I'll snap a few pics along the way.

Comment

• Tired to start it. It coughed and died. Never even tried again. Went to check the spark after putting in the spare coils and I discovered that the only thing that works with the tank off is the neutral light. WTF?

Problem wound up being that the little plug that comes off the ground wire was undone. Since the plug was broken and I had so many electrical problems anyway, and since I had a spare harness I swapped it out. Found out that the PO had put the useless plug for the carb cooling fan into the alternator. Plugged the right wire in. Tries to start with a vengeance now. Seriously, starter motor runs at least 2x faster now. Except now the spark plugs are shot. Not surprised really considering the way the other maintainance went. Like the black water he had in place of oil. Surprisingly enough, new oil and some MOA managed to free the forks up so I can go into 6th now.

The oil was so bad, it had sludged it up to stick 6th gear. At this point, if it lasts for a year, I'll be happy.
      Last edited by downrangefuture; 11-06-2010, 03:44 PM.
      "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

• Maybe a fuse.

Here is a picture I got today, and RC racetrack.

Comment

• Took about a 2 hour ride this afternoon. Only saw 2 other bikes out riding about. Quess everyone up here thinks it's winter already, but it's supposed to be close to 60 the next couple days. So hopefully a couple more days of riding before the deep freeze sets back in.
          Don’t walk before you can crawl, and don’t try to sprint until you are a good walker. Use your head, wear the gear, and have fun

Comment

• 1989 Katana new to me. I've been replacing broken things for a couple of weeks since buying it. Fired it up for the first time last night. BLEH old gas smell.
            PO had air pressure at 15PSI in each tire... WTF. Or maybe he had it higher and they've leaked in 2 weeks... I'll have to check tomorrow. I took it for its first spin around the block today. Without using the choke, the engine cuts out when I come to a stop even after a few minutes to warm up, so I'll have to diagnose the idle problems. The tabs keeping the handlebar control pods in place have been broken, so I fixed that with a screw. Not a bad weekend!

Comment

• head light mod
              Last edited by willbdish; 11-07-2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Put my clutch back together. I also made up a bracket to hold the clutch fluid reservoir for my hydro clutch mod. Installed a new front sprocket, mounted the rear sprocket, all i need is the chain and the final drive is complete.
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• I think I sold mine !! Keeping it in the Katrider family though.

Comment

• hmmm what did i do to my katana.......well i bought it

Originally posted by willbdish View Post
                    Worked on head light
                    do you have a write up on how you did that, i really want to pursue something like this
                    Last edited by krazykatrider; 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• @ Mogg:
                      Darn skippy, you did and it is! Check your e-mail by the way.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• BOUGHT ONE! Im pumped:
                        Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• Krylon!!! Quick! Help it!
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Added a new LED strip to my bike. I have since replaced the windshield, mirrors, rear blinkers, Bulbs. All I have left is new exhaust, paint and vinyls.
                            sigpic
                            http://eternal-mc.com
                            http://eternalmc.freeforums.org

Comment

• added LED's

Comment

• Today: finally street legal (almost... one sticker down, one to go for inspection). It looks street legal anyway :P Using the plate mounts as rear hooks for the cargo net too.

Some PO did the undertail chop. I kinda like how the lights come out of the fairing; matches the front fairing in a way.

Not a bad random plate, but I think I'll drop the $20 for "VRMMM".

Comment

Working...
                                X