What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice my rear tire was low.....as I was parking her

Comment

• Did the 1st oil change on her today. Spilled oil when taking out drain plug. Spilled oil while putting oil in (funnel was at a funny angle) and then started it without the filler cap, spewing oil onto my leg and the side of the bike. Oil everywhere...but its done.
      89 Katana 750
      06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

• Sorted out a vacuum leak then went for a spin in the rain.

Comment

• Slowly working on putting it back together. Today was the back end.

Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

• Got the last of the fairings I bought on Ebay, now I just need to come up with an idea for a paint scheme and then pick the bolt kit to match.
            Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

• I installed a late model SV fender and patched up some of the bodywork. ABS plastic cement makes for a good bondo replacement on the fairings by the way. Changing plugs and fuel filter tomorrow. Pics up soon in the bodywork section.

Comment

• Sold it

Sad to see it go, but I think it went to a good home. Back down to one bike.
                2003 Ducati ST4s ABS

Comment

• well its been a while since ive been on here, but here is the update,

ive had basically everything replaced on this bad boy in the past 2 years except for the plastics so its about time

i ordered new lower scoops
                  got the left main one yesterday
                  had the right main and both rears for a few months now
                  also got a whole new set of fairing bolts
                  new grips
                  got a nice new bike cover as well for extended periods of not riding. (fingers crossed that this fall is decent)

so basically all i have left to do is to find someone who will paint everything for a decent price, then i will finally have fresh lookin bike! -its only two years in the making.
                  "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• cut up the fairings and then un-hacked the wiring for the tail light....Twisting wires together and covering them with electrical tape doesn't cut it.....damn PO. Might try to sync the carbs today and richen up the pilot screws. Since it has gotten colder she will die some times after sitting at a light when i crack the throttle to take off.
                    03' Aprilia Falco
                    99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
                    94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
                    1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
                    sigpic

Comment

• So i sync'd the carbs and she ran great when you open the throttle but, when leaving a stop she has no power and would only be running on a couple cylinders. I'm guessing a piece of dirt clogged the idle circuit/pilot jet from the ghetto rigged gas tank i used to supply fuel while i sync'd the carbs. Runs great up top though. So last night/this morning i pulled the carbs apart and blew them out with compressed air after i removed the main jet, pilot jet, metering valve, and air screw. I also went 1/4 turn in on the air screw (2.25 turns out) and once clip richer on the needle (position 3). The plugs looked a little lean so that should help her out a bit. I just hope this fixes the idle circuit problem. If it does i guess the bike will be running much better for my second trip to the dragon here in a couple weeks.

Edit: Bike runs good now. Between syncing the carbs, turning the pilot screw in 1/4 turn, and bumping all the needles one clip more rich it feels like i went from carb to FI....or in my case some carbs in need of adjustment to properly tuned carbs. Throttle response is more crisp and she idle's much better now. It was wet outside so i dont know i how she's going to feel in the higher power band but, i'll find out tomorrow.
                      Last edited by nelson8708; 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM.
                      03' Aprilia Falco
                      sigpic

Comment

• just finished up replacing rear wheel. installed conti motion tires:120/70 front and 170/60 rear. installed new HH pads on the front. all ready for sunday's ride.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Man, I really wrung her out good tonight. Love the bike!

Comment

• Gave her a nice sponge-bath
                            Attached Files
                            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

• washed her yesterday and going to change the oil today so she'll be ready for my trip to the dragon next weekend....one last time before winter
                              03' Aprilia Falco
                              sigpic

Comment

• I've just put mine away for the winter. No more riding this year it seems like, it's raining and getting colder every day now.
                                Got plenty of time to make all the modifications now, as the season starts about march/april again next year...
                                But then it'll be a bit better I hope. New front and rear end, wheels, bigger brakes, radial master, more powerful engine and if I have the time, some paint as she looks hideous at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X