What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted a new GPS to the bike..

Heres a link to the install thread..

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
    From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
    Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
    If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

• rode about 200 miles....close to 100 degrees the whole time.....damn heat
      ROLL TIDE!

Comment

• Did a nice Oregon full moon country drive. Those back roads have a lot of twists and turns,....gravel and deer! Almost like an obstacle course.
        My YouTube Videos
        My motorcyle map!

Comment

• Well just got mine to run decent the other day. Put a new air filter in today and I regained all of my lost power but now I got her home and she won't idle again.....looks like a got some more work to do.

Comment

• Got my riding pants earlier this week and was determined to drag knee after returning from the dragon...Today i did just that .....hopefully i'll have pics of the actual act next time.

Left and right sides
            03' Aprilia Falco
            99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
            94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
            1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
              Rotated the tires.
              ?? Rotate tires on a bike ??

Unless you mean you went for a ride. So did I, got caught in a strong downpour.

Comment

• Rode a 120 mile round trip to SR45 here in Indiana....best road i know of thats not too far away.
                03' Aprilia Falco
                99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
                94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
                1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

• Finally got my Kat here in Cali and got it uncrated. Did a quick run for gas and shakedown with no problems. Waitin' on new o rings for carbs...
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

• Installed new brighter headlight bulbs and finished my 2003-06 tail swap.
                    1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                    1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                    1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

• what bulbs you use? how much difference they make?
                      ROLL TIDE!

Comment

• I knew I should have photographed them last night.
                        I was going to show the stock bulbs, one of each and the new bulbs to show the differences.

I used Sylvania SilverStar Ultras. They were $50.00 from the parts stores in town, and I got a pair for $22.50 shipped on eBay.

I'm pretty certain the old ones were the originals in my bike. They were dim. Looked like orange candles.
                        They new bulbs are much brighter, and are a white looking light.
                        Massive improvement.
                        My favorite mod so far actually (because I do a lot of night riding).
                        Like I told my riding buddy this morning: "at least now I can see whatever it is I'm about to plow into."
                        1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                        1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                        1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

• Made a camera mount out of an old piece of scrap metal I had laying around.
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Last night:
                            Checked my chain tension and lubed the chain.
                            Checked and set my tire pressure.
                            Took off the grab bar and put on the purdy rear seat.
                            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Got a new front tire, chain cleaned and lubed. Got a new air filter as well and maybe I'll put that on today but probably going to head out for a nice ride through the mountains.
                              1997 GSX-F 750

Comment

• Pry the keys out of my son's hand. These new riders, jeese!
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...