No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped the plastics and tank? Scrubbed down the frame, removed all the graphics, scuffed and primed the plastics
    2004 gsx600f Katana (yoshi pipe, 180 back tire...Matte white!!)
    2004 Ford Explorer
    2008 Seadoo Rxp 215 (underdrive, pipe, ride plate, chip 100mph on the water)
    2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

• Stripped the plastics and tank, Scrubbed down the frame, removed all the graphics, scuffed and primed the plastics
      2004 gsx600f Katana (yoshi pipe, 180 back tire...Matte white!!)
      2004 Ford Explorer
      2008 Seadoo Rxp 215 (underdrive, pipe, ride plate, chip 100mph on the water)
      2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

• I took the kat for a spin.. I realized I was very used to the other bike after scraping both pegs a few times comming around corners.. also found the kat slightly uncomfortable compared to the S1k... Which caught me off guard.
        sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
        '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
        '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

• Swapped the head light bulb, checked the tension of the chain, and lubed the chain.
          OMG!, last night, I left my keys not in the ignition but ON the ignition for half an hour while it was parked on the sidewalk in front of my work. Thank God no one took the keys, my bike or both!!
          I invite you to church.

Comment

• Took it up to Wegmans to buy some ribs to cook for Mothers day.

Comment

• Changed the oil with Mobil 1 Racing 4T, and stripped her naked so I could get a look at her bits! I am going to install an air horn, fog lights, and pig spotter mirrors before dressing her back up.

Originally posted by AL_Jazz View Post
              Well, after owning her for 48 hrs, the parts finally came in. Installed the parts, changed the oil, pressure washed her, dressed her, and took her for a spin. WOW...I am in LOVE!
              That's awesome, but a word of advice. Hand wash rather than pressure wash. Pressure washers run the risk of pushing water past seals that are supposed to keep water out. Plus, hand washing gives you more a chance of catching something that might need some maintenance.
              sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

• Rode to work and rode home from work! A full 20 minutes of riding. :bunny2
                I invite you to church.

Comment

• Yesterday: Heat wrapped exhaust header and collector, installed pig spotter mirrors, stripped decals off, installed LED taillight bulbs, broke taillight lens trying to take it off.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Didnt get to post yesturday, but I rode my Bike to my parents house to take my mom out to lunch for Mothers day. About 200 miles round trip, 45 degress in the morning, yeah I froze, but the ride back was a little warmer and more enjoyable.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• stupid rain, had to put the cover on; rain sucks!!!!
                      1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
                      2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• Finally got the air horn installed! (going to submit write-up with pics) Why is it the seemingly simplest things cause the most headaches?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Rode to work on my new Sargent seat. It felt good. It will take some getting ues to.
                          2005 Katana 750

Comment

• I finished tuning it last night. Sync'd the carbs. It ran perfectly today, I'm so happy now. The idle is rock solid at about 1500 and the throttle is crisp. The bike runs so smooth it's unbelieveable.

Since I took the pic, I put the rest of the plastic back on and gave it a quick polish. Ready to go.

Comment

• Let my 17 year old drive it to school today! He brought it back in one piece! He's a Good Kid! Also ordered 2 Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires to put on next week! $260 shipped to my door. Stealership wanted $415 plus Tax!
                              2005 Katana 750

Comment

• Rode to work. Got my new clear alternatives smoked front turn signals. Planning the clutch replacement. Maybe another ride in a little while.

Comment

Working...
                                X