No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...yesterday I gave my new Kat a bobtail. Today, I design a new tag holder that flips down when I put the kickstand up and flips up into the fender when I put the kickstand down. Should be fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
      You're kidding right?
      actually, there is more to the story, I was at a stop light, and hauled *** when it went green, apparently he was several cars behind, and had to go 60 to catch up to me, and the speed limit was 35...long story short, he said he could give me a ticket for wreckless driving or an equipment violation for not having my visor down/no eye protect...so, the choice was obvious
      1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
      2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• Disappearing Tag...

Ok...so here are the pics of my disappearing tag...and one of the tag light to show it is a legal mod. I am thinking about putting control on a servo vs the kickstand so I can select the up or down position while riding...

Thoughts?

Comment

• You can get a ticket for having the visor up?? OMG! I ride like that through city streets.
          I invite you to church.

Comment

• Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
            You can get a ticket for having the visor up?? OMG! I ride like that through city streets.
            lol I don't believe that at all, sorry...That's just dumb, there is no way they should be able to ticket you...

Comment

• Wear sunglasses and they can't...that provides "eye protection."

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_Jazz View Post
                Wear sunglasses and they can't...that provides "eye protection."
                I wear normal glasses and have been pulled over for "not having proper eye protection." I also live in a state where you only need a helmet if you are under 21 or don't have 10K P.I.P.

Long story short I got a ticket, brought it to court, judge looked at my license, saw I have a corrective lens required mark and let me go.
                "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• ...and you wonder why the general population seriously dislikes police officers...

Comment

• Originally posted by vtchopperdude View Post
                    actually, there is more to the story, I was at a stop light, and hauled *** when it went green, apparently he was several cars behind, and had to go 60 to catch up to me, and the speed limit was 35...long story short, he said he could give me a ticket for wreckless driving or an equipment violation for not having my visor down/no eye protect...so, the choice was obvious

Just take it to court...and say it was hot outside.

Now...if you accellerate TO the speed limit fairly quickly..and cars behind you accellerate SUPER slow(and a cop is behind them, so he HAS to go 60 to catch up with you once he gets around them)....how is that wreckless?

I had a cop do something similar with a highway on ramp. Said I was accellerating at a rapid rate...I said "Yeah....its an ON ramp...theres a 45mph difference between the road I was just on and the highway.I had to speed up."

Comment

• I bought a new head light bulb.. (didn't put it in yet though)

The other day I figured out how to correctly cancel the blinkers.. before I was trying to flick it the opposite way which would result in the blinker going both ways until I get it right.. now I just push it in to cancel.. haha
                      Last edited by 600toStart; 05-07-2010, 12:12 AM.
                      I invite you to church.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                        Now...if you accellerate TO the speed limit fairly quickly..and cars behind you accellerate SUPER slow(and a cop is behind them, so he HAS to go 60 to catch up with you once he gets around them)....how is that wreckless?

I had a cop do something similar with a highway on ramp. Said I was accellerating at a rapid rate...I said "Yeah....its an ON ramp...theres a 45mph difference between the road I was just on and the highway.I had to speed up."
                        Because it's entirely up to the officer's discretion... and unless you can prove otherwise in a way that would embarrass the judge to rule against you... it's gonna stick. "Professional opinion" has a huge weight in the court over yours. Video, many reputable witnesses, etc... would be needed to prove otherwise.

You can try to petition for the dash vid from the officer if you know for sure you were not in the wrong... but if your not sure, that can bite you in the arse.

Similiar situation in my past... went to court, proved the officer wrong with the math... and he go back on the stand, LIED and contridicted himself from his prior testimony... and the only response from the judge was (what's the max on that?).

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• YEAH!!!! Rode the Kat for the first time....

Well, after owning her for 48 hrs, the parts finally came in. Installed the parts, changed the oil, pressure washed her, dressed her, and took her for a spin. WOW...I am in LOVE!

Comment

• I Rode to work again today! This is becoming a habittttt. Or addiction?
                            2005 Katana 750

Comment

• this all just boils down to **** THE POLICE, they do more harm than good most of the time
                              1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
                              2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• Started it up, and realized that now my project is goiing to take alot longer now that I have a payment on the VTX
                                01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                                03' VTX 1800 Retro
                                04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

Working...
                                X