No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rode my 2 yr old around the neighborhood. I swear, he loves to ride as much as I do.
    It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

• I did nothing. Been having too many problems with other projects, and picking up other projects, etc... yep, life is a ***** right now.
      Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Today I finished installing an engine light kit, and omg it looks awesome!
        sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

• well....

Saturday:
          got the tank hooked up, had decals made and pinstipes installed, rubbed it down with polish.

Sunday:
          Fab'd tag bracket, (installed) binkers, painted grab bar, more missing bolts, and fired her up for a few laps around the nieghborhood... and she's running good.

Tomorrow:
          hope to get a vid of the bike (walk around/ride by) sometime tomorrow and get insurance and tag on it to make it streetable... Then, the fun begins!

On a personal note, I can't wait go by the PO (and his friends) to show it off.

Here's a pic of the "almost done" 94 Kat 600 (lacks gsx600f decals)

I'm looking foward to being able to actually ride this bike on the road and see how it runs/rides... I may still have some jetting issues to work out as it has a lil gurgle at 4k rpm (IDK ?? yet)
          Tomuza
          Williamston SC
          94 Katana 600, 85 V65 Mgana, 07 Yamaha R1,
          90 Taurus SHO, 99 Vdub Beetle

Comment

• i completely stripped down a 91 600 to the frame, gettin rid of old 600 with 2ndgear missin swappin for a 750 with only 4k miles. re painting body powder black n frame and chroming out certain parts plus painting rims red gettin hyped up on my first bike project ever : )

Comment

• Big milestone this weekend:

Battery fitted.
              Exhaust gasket and clamp fitted.
              Fairing refitted.
              Ramp constructed in front of shed/garage.
              Side gates to property re-hung.

So the Kat is tantalisingly close to being road worthy and she runs under her own power. Also, with the ramp and fixed gates I can now easily get her on my property and into the shed on my own. And then I rode her up and down the garden - *very* badly!

Comment

• Took a 130 mile ride today.
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

• Tore apart my freshly rebuilt carbs that I just bought today to find an extra piece that was keeping my float from rising like it should and pouring gas all over my bike. Tomorrow it might finally be all back together and stay that way for more then 24 hours.

Comment

• I got my first ride of the season in today....a whopping 18 miles total.

Before I could ride I replaced my flasher unit with an electronic flasher from NAPA for $10.

Bike smells rich (might be all the seafoam I dumped in her last fall). Gonna have to check that out next tank.

Started prepping for the install of some scotchlite decals I got last week.

Comment

• Put on candy red brake and clutch levers to match my new paint, and added black bar ends as well...

Comment

• got new tires (dunlop sportmax q2) best tire ive ever ridden, took off all decals including warnings (clean slate probably going to do a sponsor kit) oh and went for a 500 mile ride
                        2004 gsx600f Katana (yoshi pipe, 180 back tire...Matte white!!)
                        2004 Ford Explorer
                        2008 Seadoo Rxp 215 (underdrive, pipe, ride plate, chip 100mph on the water)
                        2000 honda 70 cc

Comment

• Rode to class....
                          Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• I got my bike inspected, got license plates for it finally, then put about 100 miles on it doing errands.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
                              Put on candy red brake and clutch levers to match my new paint, and added black bar ends as well...
                              where did u get these?

Comment

• Regestered, inspected, put the carbs back on air box and plastics back on, put a new battery in and road for about 50 miles...sweet!!! 69* out today
                                2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

Working...
                                X