X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GSX600_Bmore View Post
    Painted it trying to put it all back together. Can anyone tell me which hoses go to the six outlets on a 91 katana 600 . I only have four hoses to play with and i am wondering if and hoses connect to the to inlets.

hey man can you help me out? I am trying to put all the hoses to the fuel tank and since my bike has been apart for like three months I am confused to where they go. I have to hoses with inline filters that i know go to the petcock, I have a vacuum line looks like it goes to the petcock as well. Then I have another line on the right side looks like a vacuum line that goes to the fuel gauge. Now here is the real confusing part. There are to outlet tubes coming off the gas tank ( in between the pet cock and fuel gauge). My question is which two hoses go to those outlets?
    Looks like you have everything right. There should be an electrical connection coming out of the sender that goes into the harness.

The two drain lines you are asking about (one at the fuel sender and the other poking out of the tank) drop down over and along either side of the opening of the airbox through retaining clips. These drop below the bike, along with the other drains.
    Last edited by rolofung; 04-14-2010, 01:50 AM.
    1993 GSX750F

Comment

• (Yesterday)
      Adjusted & lubed the chain then went for a ride.
      I invite you to church.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtchopperdude View Post
        the guy I bought it from put a 6 inch extended swingarm on it, which is slightly wider than stock; I believe the stock tire size is 160...that tire is a 190 on a GSXR wheel, so its a noticeable difference
        oic, looks sweet! Makes it look a lot meaner, I don't like my little dinky tire too much haha, i guess that does mean cheaper tires though when the time roles around to purchase...

Comment

• I put post rims on my pre today

I followed the advise on a sticky thread about wheel fitment and it worked out great. I have a '93 750 Katana and it needed new rims and tires. I looked on Ebay and found front and rear rims, tires, all the bearings, discs and sprocket for 110.00 delivered to my door. The only problem was that I wasn't positive that they would fit. But, after some reading and testing the only thing that had clearance issues were the sprocket studs. All I had to do was use my old sprocket and all was good. The rear rim is a good 1"-1.125" wider. looks great. Well time to get primering the fairings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
            oic, looks sweet! Makes it look a lot meaner, I don't like my little dinky tire too much haha, i guess that does mean cheaper tires though when the time roles around to purchase...
            ya, I actually just got a new tire; I got a 190 Avon on eBay for $120, so not to bad if you look around; but I agree, it does look mean....

1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
            2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• woah. it looks goood, but it makes that front one look teeeenie

Comment

• Originally posted by vtchopperdude View Post
                ya, I actually just got a new tire; I got a 190 Avon on eBay for $120, so not to bad if you look around; but I agree, it does look mean....

Nice pics man, any idea where the guy got the swingarm extensions at? I was looking around and couldn't find any for my 95, I didn't look for too long though surely I can find something...

Comment

• Cleaned and lubed my chain.....
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• rode her to work again! Three days in a row now...this is why I bought it
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• Put all my plastics on. It's almost done for this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
                        Nice pics man, any idea where the guy got the swingarm extensions at? I was looking around and couldn't find any for my 95, I didn't look for too long though surely I can find something...
                        I'm not sure; I think it may have been a custom job though, because it can accommodate the wider tire
                        1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
                        2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• Ah ic, ya makes sense...

Comment

• Today I recieved the gauge cluster put it on and it 100% works... I put on all the fairing brackets, and the "dash" on last week, just waiting on my local dealer to get the mounting hardware. I can't wait to have it back together.
                            01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                            03' VTX 1800 Retro
                            04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

• Put $2 of gas in it :bunny2
                              I invite you to church.

Comment

• Rode in to work on a beautiful day, lubed the chain.
                                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                                X