Being scene on the street !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being scene on the street !

Hi guys,
    Just wondering who rides with Hi Visibility clothing out there.I own an all black 98 750 and I'm scared to death of not being scene.I heard black is the worst color bike one should buy and I'm kicking myself now for it.I think I should have looked for a blue,red or yellow bike instead.But I had to buy it in black seeing it's 10 yrs old with 8,000 miles on it and show room new condition.Thanks,Sparkyd31

You can ride a Solar Yellow GoldWing and cagers will still swear they didn't see you!!!!

My Kat is Flat Black but i've installed blue LED's under the plastics and most of my riding gear has reflective strips.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Don't know if it matters but I have a full D&D system on my 750 and you can definitely "hear" me if you don't see me. My jacket is white & blue but mostly white. I fear sometimes that the cage drivers don't see me but I guess it comes with the territory.
      'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
      ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
      ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

If you are really concerned with visability, get a bright helmet and a yellow reflective safety vest (like the ones some MC cops and construction workers wear).

The MSF video showed us a video with a darkly attired rider and brightly attired rider, and the difference was staggering.
        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

I think some other members have also bought some reflective tape to place on the wheels to be more visible at night as well
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Most textile jackets that I've seen come with some refelective material stitched into them. Reflective rim tape couldn't hurt and of course you could brighten up both your helmet and jacket too. But when it's dark out you can't really tell the difference between bikes and their colors unless the bike is super bright. Usually I can't see the bike color of a fellow bike until I'm sitting right next to it at a stop light.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyd31 View Post
              I heard black is the worst color bike
              Black is the FASTEST color bike I agree with kansaskat though no matter what color it is people claim you popped up out of nowhere.

Comment

yeah .. cagers aint looking for you .. so they aint gonna see ya no matter what ya wear really .. if its legal where you are leds are a good idea for night riding .. most all textiles to have strips or atleast piping of reflective material basically same as most most street signs . there are also color matching plastic stickons you can add on your bike that reflect just like street signs .. just know when your out .. cages aint looking for you .. and try to stay out of blind spots and such
                so many roads so little time

Comment

yep they say they didn't see you .I got very yellow bike with yellow black jacket .An a pumped my bake tire in day light an said she didn't see me .Its not the color be carefull.
                  When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Comment

Yup, you gotta ride like they can't see you, even if they can.
                    -
                    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by zodaddy View Post
                      An a pumped my bake tire in day light an said she didn't see me

Comment

You need to be an alert, defensive rider. It doesn't matter what you're wearing or riding. They don't see you and you must always remember that.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

Drive normal. If you're zipping in and out of traffic doing mach 1, people won't be able to see you and you'll go from mach 1 to mach splat.

Comment

In our shop we sell motor cycle riding gear with the new 3M reflective "scotchlite" material...
                            This stuff lights up like neon lights under the street lights or when headlights or other lights hit it. Even the rain gear has super bright refelective pin stripes that REALLY stand out
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                              Yup, you gotta ride like they can't see you, even if they can.
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                              X