X

carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb question

ok so after I got all my new parts in the mail i put it all back together and it wouldn't run. My carbs were all in one piece when I started, so somewhere in my putting together process I broke the small gold colored metal line that carries gass into the carb. it broke off at the bottom. I was wondering if something like JB Weld would put it back together for me? Or am I stuck with a broken set of carbs and need a new one? Thanks guys.

JB weld should do, I do beleive it is gas resistant. I know we have used it on engine internals where it is coming into contact with engine oil, and there were no problems.

And just a friendly hint, may want to post such questions in the Mechanics section.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

oh good. this bike is getting to be a serious pain in rear. thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Can you post a pic?

the brass inlets are removeable use an easy out to extract what is left in there, then go to your local automotive store and look for a peice of steel, copper or brass brake/fuel line that can be fitted back into the carb. A lil bit of JB weld to help hold it into place works fine.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

yeah I will try to get a pic of that. The bike is actaully at my Gpas cuz I live in an apt with no garage and he has the closest garage. So I will try to get out there soon.

Comment

Working...
          X