Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hit the 25,000 mile mark!! Kat testimonial.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the 25,000 mile mark!! Kat testimonial.

On my last trip, my 2000 Kat 750 hit 25,000 miles. I have had this bike since 2003 and bought it with 3000 miles on it. In all the time I have had this bike the only actual part failure was a neutral indicator switch, which I replaced myself for less than $30.00. Outside of that, it has been oil changes, valve adjustmen(done myself), tires, chain and sprocket kit, fuel filter and directional bulbs. In other words, normal wear items. I have ridden this bike everywhere from Maine to North Carolina. It has never left me stranded, and has survived temps from the 30s up to 102 degrees. I have done two-up riding with no problems and have done 400 mile days solo with no real discomfort. So basically, I don't care what anyone says about the Kat, this bike has done everything I need a bike to do and I am beyond happy with it.. Hope you all feel the same about your Kats!!

Glad to hear that since I'm only at 8k!

Comment

as long as a person is happy with his/her bike then that is enough reason to enjoy riding it, no matter the make or model ..

i have 3 different makes and two hybrids (8 bikes once my present hybrid project is finished and my bobber is back on the road) i enjoy riding them all, i just love being on a bike regardless
      it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

congrats on your milestone
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Good to hear, that the bikes are durable, kind of like the honda civics of bikes, change the oil and they last forever regardless of how you drive them.
          Blackdog
          DRz-400e plated
          Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Awesome! I am glad to hear your bike has never done you wrong!

Comment

I feel the same way about my Kat except I dont have that many miles on mine.

Comment

I've rode probably 60,000 miles on 2 wheels since I have been riding (started at 18), and all the bikes i have had and have my 2005 Kat 600 was my fav. and most comfortable for my 6'4" frame.....
                my v-star is no were near as cozy as I was on the kat....I will own another....lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The Kat... Takes a ticking and keeps on licking..
                  "Don't taze me bro"

Comment

That is why the Kat has been sold since the early eighties. It is a great all around bike at a great price.
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote=NiteMare;1523288]as long as a person is happy with his/her bike then that is enough reason to enjoy riding it, no matter the make or model ..

Glad to hear that Kats has some longevity, I wasn't too sure how long I would be able to keep this before it started to break down..... but definitely a good thing yours has last this long. Congrats on 25,000 STRONG with minimal service!!!!!
                      [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

ok enough resting on the laurels .. go get the next 25k
                        so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                          Good to hear, that the bikes are durable, kind of like the honda civics of bikes, change the oil and they last forever regardless of how you drive them.
                          I don't know about your Kat but I think mine is better compared to land Rover in the way that looks good tuff as nails but has a hint of refinment to it! Maybe it's just me but do not want me bike referred as a Civic!!!
                          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
                            I don't know about your Kat but I think mine is better compared to land Rover in the way that looks good tuff as nails but has a hint of refinment to it! Maybe it's just me but do not want me bike referred as a Civic!!!
                            As Land Rovers are about the most unreliable cars on the planet, I much prefer the durability and "resistance to abuse" of the Kat be compared with (1990s) Civics... Those lil' sh*tboxes can sure take a hell of a beating and keep going.

Just my 2c.

Comment

Congrats and glad to hear you're still enjoying the ride, i'm sure and hoping that i'll get that out of mine

Comment

Working...
                              X