Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone read the great comments about Katanas in recent Cycle World mag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, the only thing that makes it a Katana is that it is called a Katana.

The new GSX650F is not called a Katana. The only thing that makes it a GSX650F is that it is named that. It's not named a Katana, and it is nothing like my '06 Katana. The only thing it seems to have in common is the manufacturer and the GSXF part.

How is this a Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
      Dude, the only thing that makes it a Katana is that it is called a Katana.

The new GSX650F is not called a Katana. The only thing that makes it a GSX650F is that it is named that. It's not named a Katana, and it is nothing like my '06 Katana. The only thing it seems to have in common is the manufacturer and the GSXF part.

How is this a Katana?
      Um... What? Who's on first?

Comment

There aren't Katanas anywhere anymore... but overseas the Katana had always been a gsxf whether 600 or 750... Now the GSXF name is on the American bike... so what...deal.

I'd love to take one for a week just to see what it's like...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

call it a Bandit or a Kat but that front end is UGLY!!!
          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

the bandit and the kat were kissing cousins anyway.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

its obvious that they just made a new bike out of the bikes they already had, with a similar look of a bandit, with a dash of sport. i think the color scheme is brilliant marketing. if your cruising down the highway and a black bike screams past you before you can blink, youll never know what it was. same situation with a blue and white bike and instantly you say gxsr. by just giving this bike a blue/white color scheme makes it look sportier then it really is, and ALMOST gives it a gxsr feel. if you look up the black version it kinda looks like a diffrent bike, and not in a good way. calling it a katana lets people know its a cheap sport/tour bike made for just about anyone
              99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
              06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
              06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
              lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

whatever i think there ugly and i hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXF View Post
                  My personal defination of a Katana/GSXF:

It's a Suzuki motorcycle between SuperSport and Standard; where I can comfortablely use it for commuting, touring and still keep up with the sport bikes in the twisty and the weight to keep me planted on those long stretch of highways. GSXF also have good protection to help keep the wind and other unwelcome elements off me enough with a decent seat so I can ride for hours with.

In my book the F in GSXF stands for FUNCTIONAL
                  Ditto!!!! That big 'ol "F" on the end of that is all I need to belive its in the Katana family.
                  Some people would fight the change just like Steve inadvertantly stated.....If it said "Katana" on it they'd still argue the fact.
                  2005 Aprilia RST1000
                  2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                  1998 Chevy Tahoe
                  www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Working...
                  X