X

under tail exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under tail exhaust

has anyone tried to turn the side exhaust in to a under tail set up i would like to do it to my 06 750

hello and welcome thats what mods are all about doing things that are different if you can do it go for it
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

i dont know of any on a post 98 but i have seen a few on pre's and IMO they dont look as good since the pipe has to run outside the swing arm to go up to the undertail....

now if you stretched the swing arm and ran it up in front of the wheel that would look sweet......
      THE EMAIL BANDIT
      F4 I stunted out
      Cbr900 (low and stretched)
      MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

yeah i was going to stretch it out i really want a unique look that no one in my city or state has seen before

Comment

your gunna have to raise the front up a bunch and make sure you get alot of heat shields

Comment

why would he have to raise the front ???

shouldn't it just be instead of where the exhaust turns to go out to the side you go straight down the middle and up through the swingarm....

but yeah +1 for the you will need heat-shielding like a mo fo or you *** will be BURNING....
            THE EMAIL BANDIT
            F4 I stunted out
            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

what is the biggest tire i can go on the stock rim

Comment

Originally posted by mightymouse750 View Post

OK, now before you go start asking questions like this, you really need to search, brother. The number one most asked question on the site right there.

160/60/17-safely- A few have done 170's.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Roasted Nutts.....
                  "Don't taze me bro"

Comment

i meant raise the rear, my bad

and 160/60/17 is as far as id go

Comment

I've been flipping back and forth between the underseat or the shotgun style (Not sure if I said that right, but I know what I"m talking about...) I really like the idea. Like its been said before, there isn't anything out there specifically for it. You'd need to bend your own midpipe fromthe collector, figure the routing of said pipe, and then match that to a smaller aftermarket can. On top of that, there is very little heat shielding (uhh... none?) under that seat, so you'll have to block the heat somehow or end up with a very very warm ride everyday (and as I've learned these past weeks its hot enough in houston as is thank you very much... )

I'm not saying don't do it, far from it. I really do like the idea but there will be a good bit of work involved, I reckon.

P.S. How did you fair the Eduard?

Originally posted by mightymouse750 View Post

I needed that... It was a long day at work...
                      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                      -Robert Morrison

"
                      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

yeah , i think if u try to put a pipe under the rear, you would have to think of something to stop it from scraping when you go over bumps. there isnt a lot of clearance under there.plus there is the issue of how you would make it fit through , or around the swing arm.
                        i think a dual system that runs up the sides of the bike, near the side rear fenders , would look good too.
                        << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                        KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

thanks guys i will start working on the under tail exhaust and will post pics in the next month hope it turns out ok

Comment

I always thought the same thing, but couldnt figure out how to get it to work, if you remove the battery box and relocate that (where i dont know) then you have room.

Comment

Def do-able, would just take some serious fabbing.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X