X

tighten mirrir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tighten mirrir

Hey guys, my mirror seems to be pretty loose. every time I hit a bump in the road it looses it position so I am constantly readjusting it. Can I get into it to tighten the bolt or is it time for a new one? I sure appreciate your time!

sorry wish i could help but i dont use mirrors.... ahhahaha.... i would imagine it pulls apart and you can retighten/locktight it.....

oh and who's the chick on your bike in your profile pic.... NICE WORK...
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

my buddy had the same problem after he dropped his Kat in the driveway. We TIG welded it as quickly as possible but it still got hot, when it cooled, it was a bit sloppy. He had to buy a new one. The one he bought was $25 because the OEM is $90 after he installed it he noticed that he got $25 worth of $hit and had to spend another $90 to buy it from Suzuki.
      sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

If its a factory mirror I don't think it can be tightened. The pivot point is held in place by a rivet. Once it loosens up, the mirror has lost it compression. I tried to hot glue it temporarily, but it didn't hold long. I had the same problem and bought 4 different sets of ebay. I ended up using the JAG mirrors. Some ebay items say that the BUSA mirrors with the turn signal will fit, but they cant be adjusted right on my 2000 KAT. You cant see much with the PIG SPOTTER 2 or with the newer GSXR mirrors.

Comment

Cool guys, I appreciate it. I have replaced a mirror with one of those twenty dollar mirrors before.. it was probably worth about $2!!

(thats my girl on the bike )

Comment

Working...
          X