X

Battery for the '96 750 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery for the '96 750 Kat

I just tried the #1 and #2 places that I thought FOR SURE would have my battery. The battery specialty store down the street, and the dealer were both out of stock. Apparently the pre 750 has some kind of odd ball battery??? Does anyone have any clever options I could try?

http://www.batterystuff.com/batteryS...996&m=1#result
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Sweet!! Thanks for the link!

Yuasa not in stock, but they did have the less expensive one in stock.
      Last edited by ATOMonkey; 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I'd recommend buying a battery from this site. Prices were very competitive ($61 for my sealed no maintenence batt), and shiping was prompt. Free shipping using the USPS, and my battery arrived on Saturday after being ordered on Wednesday. They shipped it out the same day and I got a tracking confirmation email from the USPS.

I'd also like to make an observation that even though the engine turns over, there is no guarantee that there's enough juice to light a spark. Even on the 50 amp charger, I couldn't get the engine to fire. After checking the coils, boots, and even the ignitor box, I was down to pretty much just not enough voltage. With the new battery in, the motor turned over two or three times and light right off. This was also the first time it had ran in a year, and I was pleasently surprised to find that the carbs are still in fine working order, saving me from having to rebuild them until the off season. Another fine tribute to the engineering and build quality at Suzuki.

Comment

Working...
        X