X

request for pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request for pics

Can anyone here post/send pics of the underside of a 98+ 600, preferably from the floor looking up at the under cowl fairing? I'm trying to place a light kit on the belly fairing, but the exhaust is off the bike.

Thanks!

My advice (which you can cheerfully ignore if ya want) is to get flat LED strips. Nothing is more ghetto looking than seeing a bunch of little bulbs sticking off of something. It would look like little cyberpunk nipples.

Ya gotta see the glow, and not the light itself.

If you get flat strips, they'll be sufficently hidden down there, mounted directly to the fairing itself. The strips are waterproof, too. But you'll have to use Superglue or some other hardy adhesive. The factory adhesive wont stand up to road dust, rocks and moisture exposure.

http://www.motorcycle-leds.com/lb_leds/ The guy who owns that web site is a friend of mine. He lit my first Katana. If you mention that "PR" sent ya, he might give you a discount.

Good luck!
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

You can also go to Joe Florida (http://ledaccentlights.net/store/)

He is a Vender here on Katriders and gives a 10% discount. He has a great lifetime warrenty and his products are amazing. Customer service could not be any better either. If you go to the Vender section here you'll be able to see some of his products in use.
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
        Nothing is more ghetto looking than seeing a bunch of little bulbs sticking off of something.

Exactly
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
          My advice (which you can cheerfully ignore if ya want) is to get flat LED strips. Nothing is more ghetto looking than seeing a bunch of little bulbs sticking off of something. It would look like little cyberpunk nipples.

If you get flat strips, they'll be sufficently hidden down there, mounted directly to the fairing itself. The strips are waterproof, too. But you'll have to use Superglue or some other hardy adhesive. The factory adhesive wont stand up to road dust, rocks and moisture exposure.

http://www.motorcycle-leds.com/lb_leds/ The guy who owns that web site is a friend of mine. He lit my first Katana. If you mention that "PR" sent ya, he might give you a discount.

Good luck!
          Agreed on the light placement. I am concerned about the placement so close to the exhaust pipe and the resultant heat, so I wanted to make sure when I start putting this thing back together that I'm not putting a plastic LED strip a millimeter away from the exhaust. I've been getting some ideas for sourcing the lights themselves, I'll give these guys a look. I have 4- and 3-LED pods as well as loose lights elsewhere on the bike already placed.

Comment

I was also concerned about the placement of my LED pods near my exhaust. They do end up fairly close, but that can be remedied by some heat protective tape.
            Take a look at my thread here about how i put my LED's on. There is a pic of the tape i used to protect the LED pod and wiring near the exhaust, as well as where i placed my one LED pod in the belly fairing.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Hope this helps.

And i think my next LED upgrade will be these:http://ledaccentlights.net/store/ind...products_id=30

placed on on the underside of my swingarms, and maybe on the underside of my belly fairing, as that is the hardest place to get any led's.
            Last edited by Ulshy55; 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM.
            Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Ulshy55 View Post
              You can also go to Joe Florida (http://ledaccentlights.net/store/)

He is a Vender here on Katriders and gives a 10% discount. He has a great lifetime warrenty and his products are amazing. Customer service could not be any better either. If you go to the Vender section here you'll be able to see some of his products in use.
              I appreciate the heads-up. I've ordered some products from Joe at the start of this project. In the interest of not causing a rift with one of the forum sponsors, I'm going to keep my comments to myself.

Comment

Working...
              X