X

New Bar Ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bar Ends

I made some new bar ends this week and wanted to share. The old ones were rusting and needed some repainting so I thought why not just make some new ones. These are 17 ounces versus 11.6 and now feature a socket head cap screw instead of the phillips. I don't know if I am going to paint them yet. Kind of like the machined stainless look. Eventually I will convert the throttle one into my own kind of throttlemeister design.

-2000 "750"

I like 'em. I may be biased, but I really have a soft spot for all things stainless.

Comment

Looks good!! Always nice to be able to add a personal/original touch to your bike. Even better, you created it yourself instead of shovelin out some dough and just slappin it on..... nice job!!
      [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Looks good. Heck if you wanted i'm sure some ppl on here wouldn't mind having some heavier bar ends to help with vibrations.
        Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Are you going to make more to sell?? they look awesome, and are heavier...
          I'd buy a set....
          2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

I would consider a set too.. like the stainless look...

Comment

Making more isn't really something that I thought about. Something to consider.

I went on a short ride last night to make sure everything was good after the valve job and carb sync and thought the vibrations were reduced. This could be a result of other factors though and not just the bar ends. At this length they are 60% heavier and made from 303 stainless. There are more corrosion resistant stainless steels, but none of them are as machining friendly. Unless your bars get sprayed regularly with salt mist they should stay nice for awhile. But if this is happening you probably have bigger problems.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

I would also buy a set if you decide to make some to sell. those are nice. mine are looking really bad.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments.

Since making them at work could be a little difficult, let me look into some other options. If there is some sincere interest it is worth looking into. Stay tuned.

The ones pictured are a little longer than stock too. This allows you to spread your arms apart a little more. It isn't a lot, but it can be felt.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

What do you think the price might be? Ballpark figure would be fine.

Tmod

Comment

Right now I am thinking something around $40 for the pair (ballpark). It would depend on whether I can work out something and make them at work myself or have to come up with another solution. Sound reasonable?

I am thinking that custom lengths would be a possible option.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Damn cheap if you ask me. Material is not cheap these days and you still need machine time.

Tmod

Comment

Especially stainless. It has doubled or triple in the last year or two.

The biggest way to keep the costs down is if I can do the machining. My labor is cheap
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

What are you using to draw this up and post it? Don't tell me you are using manual equipment.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                              What are you using to draw this up and post it? Don't tell me you are using manual equipment.

Tmod
                              Not sure what you mean by 'post it'.

I do have a copy of ProE and could go that route. These two I made were just from reading calipers and making some slight changes to the existing ends. No actual drawing yet. These were turned on a manual lathe. They really didn't take that long to make.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                              X