No announcement yet.
X

Pics "dremeled" the rear fender today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work im chopping the pre this weekend. i bought the cordless dremel at menards for $30!
    1996 Katana 600

04 Headers
    04 oil pan
    Yosh rs-3 Slip-on
    Factory Pro Jet Kit
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    5 degree advancer

Comment

It looks great! I got my bike 3 days ago and that was the first "project" that I did. Very simple and makes it look much sleeker!

Comment

Killer GTZ you can search for "Shovel Mod" to get more info, but basically there is a big plasic piece that juts out of the back of the bike below the liscense plate, and it looks awful (in most ppl's onpinions) and you can just chop it off.
        Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERGTZ View Post
          what is this mod? I'm new and dont know whats missing from his bike and whats stock. Very nice bike by the way.
          thanks, see that ugly rear fender on the back of your bike? chop it off as clean as possible, simple as that and keep you rear turn signals.

Comment

kzookat the cordless one won't do as good a job. You will be recharging that sucker fast. It seems those lil buggers don't have the power for "big" jobs. Essentially they are only good for minor work.

Comment

Good job!!!! It looks good.
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

that looks tight. ALOT better than the stock looking thing. Ive had mine done before i owned the bike and it looks like the previous owner wasn't as patiene as you, I think he just took a saw to it and called it a day ! =\ kinda wish he took his time with it, but ill fix that later. Just gotta accquire a dremel

Comment

Originally posted by UkiSash View Post
                  that looks tight. ALOT better than the stock looking thing. Ive had mine done before i owned the bike and it looks like the previous owner wasn't as patiene as you, I think he just took a saw to it and called it a day ! =\ kinda wish he took his time with it, but ill fix that later. Just gotta accquire a dremel
                  I borrowed mine from a friend at work

Comment

I did the same thing to mine, but took it one step more. cut the hole thing off. Made a custom plate and plate holder for it all.

Comment

Anyone found a good LED licence plate illuminator? The only ones I can find you've got to order 25$ worth of stuff before they ship your order.

Comment

so when you cut your rear fender does water spray up on the back of your bike ect in the rain? I was gonna cut mine till some people at work told me to ask around before hacking stuff off. also it looks great good job

Comment

Originally posted by Davrik View Post
                          so when you cut your rear fender does water spray up on the back of your bike ect in the rain? I was gonna cut mine till some people at work told me to ask around before hacking stuff off. also it looks great good job
                          its worth it to have the fender gone 24/7 as opposed to the small chance of some water going up your back IMO

Comment

i cut mine off with a utilty knife the fender is pretty thin and soft turned out o.k
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GDogg007 View Post
                              kzookat the cordless one won't do as good a job. You will be recharging that sucker fast. It seems those lil buggers don't have the power for "big" jobs. Essentially they are only good for minor work.

Might be different dremels then....My cordless has been used for alot of big jobs in one charge and still had power for other stuff.....cutting a metal door for a doggy door, custom cutting dashes for stereos, cutting locks.... The rear fender isn't that tough is it?

Comment

Nope it is like cutting cold butter.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                                X