Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Do you let your son/daughter ride with you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No kids , but I've taken my little sister on rides before . First time I believe she was 16 . I think it's up to the kid weather or not they should be allowed to go for a ride . Some kids can deal with it , and some would obviously hit the dirt . Judgment call . Oh , BTW , when I took my sis for a ride , I ended up scaring myself a couple times getting too hot in a turn , but when I asked her if I scared her at all during the ride ... "nah , it was fun" .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I haven't taken them for a ride yet this year but I took my son out a few times last year. He loves it. My daughter was only five so I just took her around the subdivision we live in. Now my daughter is 6 and my son is 8.
      I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

My first ride was a Honda 80 dirtbike ... I was bout 10 when I got it.
        Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
          This is awesome, I didn't think this many people would approve.
          statisticly, probably not that many do. You just happen to be asking individuals who ride. My mom has told me she wishes I would not take my niece on the bike. My dad sort of scowls at it. My sis-in-law rants, but doesn't forbid. My brother is all smiles cuz he is happy for to see his daughter and I bond and all that stuff, but I know he is still concerned.
          For the most part, people who have very little or no experience around bikes seem to look upon them as something very dangerous. And they are right. We just happen to have the knowledge to know how to minimize it. You can bet a large part of pedestrians and cagers who see a young kid on a bike are muttering something negative about it if they bother to notice.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I ride with my 4 year old around the neighborhoods. Since I'm paranoid and utterly unconcerned with looking like a complete geek, we use a Child Riding Belt. and it works great. He feels more secure, can't fall off, and most importantly, he doesn't need to bury his head in my back, but can look around and enjoy the ride. He wears a helmet, too, of course and gloves.

There's a great article on riding with kids here.

Comment

I took my son around the village when he was 3 on my CZ250, he loved it and still remembers, but then I did not have a bike for 21 years until the divorce, the bike is up here in Co both kids are still in az.

My GF rides her 10yo daughter all the time, hope the Kat is out of the "shop" soon so I can join.
              William the Wild1
              Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

Working...
              X