X

New rear sprocket on my 06 600 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rear sprocket on my 06 600 katana

Will this change my mph on my speedo? I went down to a 41t on my 06 600 katana. I was trying to lower my rpm,s this did not work.

Originally posted by lvpockett View Post
    Will this change my mph on my speedo? I went down to a 41t on my 06 600 katana. I was trying to lower my rpm,s this did not work.
    I can tell you that my OEM sprocket I was about 5 mph off at 60mph. So if I was indicating 60mph I was really going 55mph. Now I have installed a 15/50 setup I am 10mph off so if Im indicating 60mph Im really going 50mph. And Matt0302 did a 16/47 setup and actually loss MPG trying to gain on the highway but after that swap his speedo was right on point.

Pretty much what I am saying is the Factory set-up for MPG is the best set-up, either way you try to adjust it you will more then likely loss MPG.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

41 tooth sprocket, intresting

Comment

I cant believe that this has not yet been mentioned, the speedometer on the post 98's is driven off the transmission output shaft. So when you change your gearing it is not reflected in the relationship between RPM's and MPH. You could radically change your gearing and it would still say that you are turning 6K @ 75 when in reality you are traveling much faster.

Look into getting a speedo healer to fix your now hugely inaccurate speedometer.

WELCOME TO HEALTECH ELECTRONICS THE HOME OF THE BEST ELECTRONIC AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES FOR MOTORCYCLES – // RIDER SAFETY DEVICES // DATA LOGGERS & TELEMETRY // QUICKSHIFTERS // GEAR INDICATORS // SPEEDOHEALERS // SHIFT LIGHTS // BRAKE MODULATORS // DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS

Comment

Originally posted by monger View Post
          I cant believe that this has not yet been mentioned, the speedometer on the post 98's is driven off the transmission output shaft. So when you change your gearing it is not reflected in the relationship between RPM's and MPH. You could radically change your gearing and it would still say that you are turning 6K @ 75 when in reality you are traveling much faster.

Look into getting a speedo healer to fix your now hugely inaccurate speedometer.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/
          Well his post was very vague. Something a 41 teeth sprocket and his speedo. But I actually forgot about speedo healer becuz Im just use to knowing Im alwayz running 10 mph fast. I did let my cousin ride my bike once I forgot to tell him its run 10mph fast
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
          X