Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How to "clean up" the rear fender area? go integrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can do an artfibras undertail and a creese bracket for about the same price as that CW kit. Maybe $20 or $30 more....but IMO they look better together than that CW eliminator.

TMOD-nice fab bro

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
      I think you can do an artfibras undertail and a creese bracket for about the same price as that CW kit. Maybe $20 or $30 more....but IMO they look better together than that CW eliminator.

TMOD-nice fab bro
      $125 for the artifibras and $15 for the creese bracket (that's shipped on both). So $140. $118 before shipping for the CW kit from motorcycle superstore. So about the same price all said and done. And I like the look of the artfibras better than the CW. Artfibras just requires a bit more work to install. I had to either drop the swing arm or take of the rear tire (tire came off since I couldn't get the dog bones bolt out).
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

TMOD's rear light is totally different than mine. I wanted to maybe change the ferring and light assembly is that possible?

Comment

absolutely, the 03-06 tail is a direct bolt on for the 98-02 kats. you will need the fairing itself, tail light, undertail/fender, and the seat lock cable from an 03-06 (longer)

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

In order to install that comp werkes kit you have to literally cut the black plastic fender thing off yourself. Just installed one a few weeks ago. I used a box cutter. worked great.
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Tail tidy

Hi everyone are there any videos on how to do the tail tidy on a Suzuki gsx600f 1999 model

Comment

Welcome. Not sure of any video(check you tube) but there are a few threads on here that explain it very well. Use the search feature.

Here is a link to one.
                Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Kat 750. I am waiting for my "Bike Master" integrated LED tail light this week (~$90 from bike bandit). My plan (hopefully I'll have time to execute it next weekend) is to modify/shrink the rear fender with some power tools and keep the stock turn signals, but move them higher up (new holes, possibly bring them in some too vi mod). If I have to leave too much fender, I may get rid of the stock turn signals all together but I'd rather keep them for the visibility and the electrical resistance, I suspect the LEDs in the integrated light won't pull enough juice to work with the relay correctly and I'd rather not mess with resistors.

I feel like dropping ~$90 on the integrated LED rear lights is enough already and I don't wanna end up spending $250 on the stupid rear light situation. it's never gonna be as pretty as a 03-06 tail anyway. :P

Anyway, I will post pics to this thread when I do it to share. Maybe someone else can save some bucks and do a better job than I will by learning from my example...

Comment

Originally posted by SDGuero View Post
                    Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Kat 750. I am waiting for my "Bike Master" integrated LED tail light this week (~$90 from bike bandit). My plan (hopefully I'll have time to execute it next weekend) is to modify/shrink the rear fender with some power tools and keep the stock turn signals, but move them higher up (new holes, possibly bring them in some too vi mod). If I have to leave too much fender, I may get rid of the stock turn signals all together but I'd rather keep them for the visibility and the electrical resistance, I suspect the LEDs in the integrated light won't pull enough juice to work with the relay correctly and I'd rather not mess with resistors.

I feel like dropping ~$90 on the integrated LED rear lights is enough already and I don't wanna end up spending $250 on the stupid rear light situation. it's never gonna be as pretty as a 03-06 tail anyway. :P

Anyway, I will post pics to this thread when I do it to share. Maybe someone else can save some bucks and do a better job than I will by learning from my example...
                    Swap out the OEM signals with non led short hard stalk signals.

Swap out the tag light with an LED strip or light.

Create a tag bracket they all mount directly too using a small piece of aluminum sheet (any hardware store carries it).

Remove the entire rear fender.

Bolt tag bracket to the bike with lights attatched.

Get a nice clean setup like these options....

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X