X

Question for Minneapolis area riders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Minneapolis area riders

I recently posted here, that I had purchased a used Kat. While the bike is in great shape now, there obviously will come a time when I may need to bring it somewhere for servicing.

That said, can any of you guys recommend some repair shops around the Twin Cities, that have a reputation for doing good/reliable work? Along the same lines, are there any shops that you would suggest avoiding?

I only know of a few places around town right now: Leo's South, The Hitching Post, and Motoprimo --- what kind of rep do these places have?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice,

-Attila

I've only had good things to say about Leo's South over lots and lots of years. Not only the service, but the parts department is great.

MotoPrimo has been my last choice as a supplier even before they were MotoPrimo. While the people are nice, the prices are high and there always seems to be some sort of problem.

example: a Mikuni pilot jet, MotoPrimo special order $8 prepaid, Leo's South $3 after 15 minutes of rooting thru a container of misc Mikuni parts (with a smile at closing time even)

Talk to me, Gytr, Black Peter about any regular service, and even alot of the repairs. Chances are we can help ya do it yourself.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
      I've only had good things to say about Leo's South over lots and lots of years. Not only the service, but the parts department is great.

MotoPrimo has been my last choice as a supplier even before they were MotoPrimo. While the people are nice, the prices are high and there always seems to be some sort of problem.

example: a Mikuni pilot jet, MotoPrimo special order $8 prepaid, Leo's South $3 after 15 minutes of rooting thru a container of misc Mikuni parts (with a smile at closing time even)

Talk to me, Gytr, Black Peter about any regular service, and even alot of the repairs. Chances are we can help ya do it yourself.
      Thanks alot -- I appreciate the info!

-Attila

Comment

Depends what you need done. Corey and I work out of a Hanger in Blaine, and Corey charges about half of what it would cost at the dealer.

And if you question the abilities of us, just ask Neoublie about us!!! Besides being the ADHD kings, we are actually pretty good, and always have the fridge stocked with beer.

About the only thing we can't do there is mount tires, cuz we don't have the machine to do it, but there is a place right up the road that does.

Shoot me a PM if you need more info.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
        X