How Old or What Criteria?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Old or What Criteria?

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you double with your kids on the back of your kat? What age did you feel comfortable doubling them at, and what other criteria did you follow to ensure the children's safety?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

no kids, i practiced high tech methods of birth control i.e. PULLING OUT!

No seriously my girl can't have kids. I dont want kids, SO WE WORK OUT FLAWLESSLY!

But I would say 10 or 11 before i'd put a kid on the back

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Ability to reach the pegs, wear gear (if I can find it in the right size), and the maturity to listen to everything I say regarding the bike. So around 10 or so...for most kids (not me at that age )
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

my daughter is 6. She can reach the pegs, and is mature enough to listen to instruction. At the beginning of the year she was quite anxious to go on the bike (her idea not mine). I started to source out some gear and just as I found a friend that had appropriate gear, my daughter told me that she promised Nanny that she was not going for a ride until she was a teenager, and she is no longer interested

For the record, she would have only been on the back of the bike for small rides around the block or within the subdivision. Speeds of 40-50 km/h tops.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I used to ride my little bro he was 6 or 7 years old as long as they can rest thier feet on the pegs and learn to understand HOLD ON TIGHT and do not let go they are good to go
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

All good info. The gear is the hardest part. My 7 year old is definitely tall enough for pegs etc. and he has a DOT youth helmet for his 4 wheeler. He'd just need goggles, jacket, pants and gloves. I too wouldn't take him on the highway, but perhaps around the block just to say he'd been on would be thrill enough for him. The other criteria to be met of course is the blessing of the mom not easy to get ...
            2008 ZZR 600 (His)
            Black
            Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
            Red
            Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

[quote=Electrical_Tech;1506864 The other criteria to be met of course is the blessing of the mom not easy to get ...[/quote]

Just dont tell her....Then deny everything when your son brags about it to her

C'mon honey, are you going to believe him over me?

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
                All good info. The gear is the hardest part. My 7 year old is definitely tall enough for pegs etc. and he has a DOT youth helmet for his 4 wheeler. He'd just need goggles, jacket, pants and gloves. I too wouldn't take him on the highway, but perhaps around the block just to say he'd been on would be thrill enough for him. The other criteria to be met of course is the blessing of the mom not easy to get ...
                good luck with that part
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

My boy has 6 and my girl 7 and they like riding, I just bough them a 4 wheeler 90cc
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

I'd say as long as they can reach the pegs and listen well.

Comment

My daughter is 7 almost 8 and she listens to everything I say and LOVES to wear her gear. It is pink and really doesn't go with my bike but it is good for her to get into the good practice of wearing gear. And momma loves to ride so it was easy to get her permission to let her baby ride.
                      Chris Powell

Comment

Working...
                      X