X

Trailering four bikes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
    you should easily be able to get 4 bikes into a 6x12.

I can get 3 onto a 6x6.5

I put 4 on a 6ft x 10.5ft........set them like this.

if the trailers don't have appropriate tie downs in place they will not fit safely.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i would put two side by side, one facing forward, other facing backwards. then load the other 2 the same way. load the backwards facing bike, snap in the pingle then tie the bike into it. i've gotten 3 bikes into a 4x8 trailer but it was very snug and they were dirtbikes. then again, we generally use a 10x10 flatbed snowmobile trailer with movable pingles.
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

save gas, just ride them

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

is this the one you're talking about?

Find a pickup truck rental at U-Haul for as low as $19.95, plus mileage. Use a pickup truck for diy projects, moving items in town or as a replacement vehicle.

You should be able to get 4 bikes on there I would imagine. It's tight but you can do it. char and I rented the same trailer only in an 5x8, 2 years ago for the rally and we had room to spare and plenty of areas to tie it down to with the open bars and slots under the trailer.

Comment

i hope those uhaul trailers tow better than the motorcycle uhaul trailer I rented. That thing seemed like it had square wheels and pegion towed down the road. Even made my steering wheel in the jeep shake.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread. But since we are talkin towing. Im going to be towing my bike and I rented a uhaul trailer. Im just going one way and they booked me for a 5x8 enclosed. The tied downs however looked pretty dinky in it. Im thinking I may switch to the utility trailer.
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

see... it can be done...

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

Originally posted by WildKat View Post
                  is this the one you're talking about?

Find a pickup truck rental at U-Haul for as low as $19.95, plus mileage. Use a pickup truck for diy projects, moving items in town or as a replacement vehicle.

You should be able to get 4 bikes on there I would imagine. It's tight but you can do it. char and I rented the same trailer only in an 5x8, 2 years ago for the rally and we had room to spare and plenty of areas to tie it down to with the open bars and slots under the trailer.
                  Yes, this was the trailer I was planning on getting. It's not completely open like the photo in the previous post (which I find it interesting that they have the side-stands down...), but we may just have to rent one for a couple hours and have a practice run.

Even if we can get them to fit, finding tie-down points will be the next issue - tho, the U-Haul has a rail that runs all around, and I think there are rings on the floor in the corners.

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                  After-thought - Our Kats are about 7' long, so they wouldn't fit perfectly sideways, but we could maybe slant them...
                  Last edited by Teh_K; 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

yep, not suppose to have the sidestand down...nor in gear.

atleast how i haul them.

Comment

ask breeze..........he has experience...........(though the one on the back is a mini bike)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3Q/...h/img_0282.jpg

Comment

ask breeze..........he has experience...........(though the one on the back is a mini bike)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3Q/...h/img_0282.jpg
                        Wow - that's not even a 6-by-12 either
                        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

that is a 16' trailer .... not a 12'
                          sigpic
                          89 Katana -94 Katana
                          02 CBR F4i - 07 VFR 800
                          03 SuperHawk (sold) -
                          84 VF500f

Comment

Working...
                          X