X

Speedo Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Problem

Excuse my non-existant knowledge of fixing anything but...
    My speedometer stopped working a while ago so i've been doing without. The cable is connected. I was gonna check thing on the front wheel (sorry, i don't know what it's called), but i don't think i can get it off without taking off the wheel and i don't have a stand. Can you get it off without taking off the wheel and if not, what else should i do. Thanks.
    R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Originally posted by sladecm View Post
    Excuse my non-existant knowledge of fixing anything but...
    My speedometer stopped working a while ago so i've been doing without. The cable is connected. I was gonna check thing on the front wheel (sorry, i don't know what it's called), but i don't think i can get it off without taking off the wheel and i don't have a stand. Can you get it off without taking off the wheel and if not, what else should i do. Thanks.
    it has been mentioned in the past that those cables are made of a substance similar to cooked spaghetti. You may just need to replace the cable and your good to go. In the meantime none of the riding you are doing counts, as your odometer will not be working either.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

ok, thanks. anybody got an extra cable/is that cheap from the dealer?
      R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

ok, thanks. anybody got an extra cable/is that cheap from the dealer?
        it's probably cheap enough that it's not worth buying a used one.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

ya...like joe said, it is likely just the cable. however, one time I did have the speedo drive give out on me. that is the part you are talking about on the wheel. you shouldn't have to remove the wheel to replace the cable. all I have seen either screw onto the drive, or are held in place by a small plate and a screw or bolt.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

it's like $13 new.

Comment

oh, sweet.
              R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

I don't wanna sound like an arse, but is that you in your avatar? if so, you do realize that this site is 99.9999% heterosexual males who are "bikers", don't you?

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

you don't don't sound like an arse. yeah it's me, but it's also just a picture from the beach to me. if you're the .0001% then sorry if it turns you on. just kidding. thanks for the help.
                    R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

Comment

you don't don't sound like an arse. yeah it's me, but it's also just a picture from the beach to me. if you're the .0001% then sorry if it turns you on. just kidding. thanks for the help.
                        hehe....just kidding dude. but hey.....I learned that you have a sense of humor at least

it also has to do with timing. if it was February, I would be thinking "lucky mofo", seeing as it is usually -30 and 10ft of snow.

but it's summer now.....

Comment

hell yeah. i hate when people can't take a joke. dang, -30, i hope i never feel weather that cold. i guess you have all the heated gear to say the least.
                          R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

i guess you have all the heated gear to say the least.
                            I guess you could say that. it hangs in a closet at a room temperature of about 75 degrees, give or take.

Comment

haha
                              R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

Working...
                              X