Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and maintenance...

Hey guys,
    couple Q's
    What type of chain do I have on a 1990 kat 750? Sealed ring, open style?
    And what kind of Maintenance should I be doing. I have read some posts here and online, but I feel like I am getting mixed answers. Thanks in advance.
    Kody

If it is a sealed o-ring chain all you need to do is make sure it is adjusted properly, if not make sure it is well lubed with chain lube, anti-fling is best because it doesnt get **** all over your bike, but there really is no way to tell whats on there without seeing it because it could have been changed in the bikes lifetime.

Comment

o-ring chain

clean it and use a good lube.

All the rest and how you do it is up to you
      I clean my chain about once a month or every 6 weeks using castrol superclean mixed 50/50 with water or kerosene. WD-40 will work too some people like to use brake cleaner as well. Just make sure it's o-ring safe, but most of these cleaners are.
      Scub it lightly with a soft tooth brush and rinse it off. Then blow dry it with low compressed air.
      I prefer Amsoil HD-MP for my own and my customers bikes. I've never had a complaint and nearly everyone has come back and asked for some of my chain lube.
      I got 50,000km to my last chain on my Honda shadow using Amsoil HD MP chain lube.
      It won't fling off resists dirt better then most, and it works amazing for getting into all the tight areas that many fast drying waxes and heavier white gease lubes won't
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
      X