Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this weekend???

The thread where the newly painted Kat went down

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

I FINALLY may have some time to wrench on the Kat this weekend. Got the replacement parts in. I actually just had time to open the boxes up:

- Front fender (KR member)
    - Front fairing stay (KR member)
    - Headlight (KR Member)
    - LH main fairing (KR member)
    - Gauge surround and mount (KR member) - should be here tomorrow

I've decided I'm just going to spray bomb the LH fairing for a decent match to the current silver. Especially since I just priced the Dupont Chromabase paint the guy used my Kat and they want WAAAAAY too much for a pint of it, not counting basemaker and clear.

Duplicolor will work fine. I've already decided that it's going a different color this Winter, I'll paint it myself.

I'm coaching two baseball teams right now, and with practice, tournaments, games, work, taking care of the kid.....I've had ZERO time to wrench on the Kat. Hope to work on prepping the fairing tomorrow night, then spraying it Saturday, then taking the Kat apart and putting it back together by Sunday. I just need to ride...............

Not to mention I have a good pile of parts I need to pull out and take pics of and get them listed here.

So just venting out loud......
    Last edited by ctandc; 06-26-2008, 10:19 PM.

Looks like somone will be busy this weekend, have fun.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
    X