X

Went down yesterday.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Absolutnati View Post
    Nice save, and glad to hear you're fine.

One question though, what kind of tires do you have, and how is the tread??
    Good question!

I have michelin pilots with about 80% treadlife left I guess

here, take a look:

Here is the damage :

Comment

Those pictures could totally be my bike I laid it down on the left side and my badge looks just like that (mines black too)

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
        tsk tsk weekend warriors....

whitecl0ver, mah brudder from a nudda mudda!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
          (I had been trying to stop 20-25 feet before the turn from about 25 mph).
          That was your problem right there. Slow down sooner in the rain. You were going 25mph and didn't allow yourself enough time to stop, especially when it first starts raining like that. You have to be easy on the brakes and turn very carefully until the roads wash off. Better yet, pull over for 10-15 minutes or until the roads get good and wet. Although, I don't usually do that either

Two words, ENGINE BRAKING. In the rain, this will slow you down safely.

I am sorry to hear about your bike. At least you weren't injured
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            those katana emblems were placed by the manufacturers in the perfect spot. I had a laydown last year and they took 90% of the dammage
            And the other 10% were a *****!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by DayKat; 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM. Reason: Didn't realize a proper proper noun for a female dog was prohibited by the censorbot.....
            It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

I am glad to hear you are okay. You are lucky that cover didn't crack and start to spill oil. I had heard those things crack so easily. I learned that the hard way once...

Comment

I've ridden in all types of weather, including rain that when you rode it splashed up between the tripple tree and dash.. just take your time and don't expect to get the same amount of traction as in dry weather. The typ of tire matters too, I run Metzler Z6's and couldn't be happier. What ever you do -DON'T buy Tomahawk tires expecting anything but slip and slide from them when wet.. I had bought 2 sets at once and will NEVER do it again. Glad to hear you're ok and were able to ride home....keep the shiny side up.:mrgreen:
                Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Sorry about the ride Bro, Sucks when it happens, but you are ok. Metzlers are great in the rain. I ride all the time.. rain or shine. In the smallest state with over a million people living here and tons of idiots that dont maintan their cages. I cant vouche for the z6's since they aren't recommended for my 93 750 but I swear by the Metronic rear and lazertek front by Metzler. I just replaced my rear a few weeks ago and just ordered a new front cause I noticed some slight cupping on it last night when I was messing with the motor. They are a sticky tire wet or dry. Average is about 10k miles, I just ekked that out of them.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Smart move with the lay down, better than a guard rail. Glad your ok.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      Glad you're ok and didn't end up any worst. Good lesson learned: It's safer to wait for the torrential monsoon that to ride when it's sprinkling. All of that oil and grease on the road just rises to the top at the beginning of a shower. Best to wait a while for it to wash off (heavy rain or consistent rain over a period of time). Next time pull over until it really starts to come down, then get out in it. Good times!
                      Oh, whaddayou know about riding in the rain. You live in Cali.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        Oh, whaddayou know about riding in the rain. You live in Cali.
                        All the more reason. That crap sneaks up on us out here. One minute we're enjoying a latte while playing cellphone roulette, the next there's freakin' water on the windshield! The horror! Granted, it's most likely because the guy in front of us is cleaning his windshield, but still... that crap is annoying!

But seriously, since it rains so seldom out here and we have way more cars and streets, the first 10 minutes of rain is damn near deadly. And because our rain never comes in downpours like back east, south or northwest, nothing really ever washes off. And if you think SoCal drivers can't drive in the rain, you ought to see us RIDE in the rain. Sad and hysterical at the same time. Plus, the same hard-core stunnas who have no problem wheeling down the 210, won't ride when it gets 60º. Too cold.

I was leaving work one day last March, a freak rainstorm hit. It started out as a really light shower. One of the guys suggested I better get going before it really starts to come down. I said I'd give it another 20 minutes. Sure enough, it started to pour. That's when I started to put my gear on. He thought I was nuts. I felt safer in the downpour than in the light stuff, that's for sure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                          I felt safer in the downpour than in the light stuff, that's for sure.
                          Yeah, I remember hearing since I was a kid that it's most dangerous when the rain has just started...
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

yeah those light rains can be tricky, with all the oil and such, glad to hear you're ok
                            2004 Katana
                            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

glad you ok. i always check weather.com before i ride out. they are almost 100 percent correct

Comment

Working...
                              X