• Show
Clear All

• swinton1235
    replied
    8,400 2001

Leave a comment:

• 89katana750
    replied
    So Mojoe, you did 220,000km? That is incredible! Anyone ever heard of more Kats going that far or close?

Leave a comment:

• mtnrider
    replied
    over 22000
    2000 since March
    22000 more to go

Leave a comment:

• My2K
    replied
    2002 Kat 600
    1201 miles so far (yes, 1201)
    Don't know the MPG. Only been riding it up and down the back road for practice.

Leave a comment:

• KAT6
    replied
    Just under 22,000 miles on it.
    2000 kat 6

Leave a comment:

• 977blue
    replied
    Bike was bought brand new in 2003...only has a little over 4,400 miles on it now. Yeah, I know, I don't get out much. I need to move further away from work.

Leave a comment:

• meanstrk
    replied
    41,248 when I put her up to deploy to Iraq.
    25,823 on the Bandit.
    1,500 ish on the Ninja

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    2002 TLR, bought it new last year.....15k miles!

Leave a comment:

• kanoftuna750
    replied
    3200 on my 02 750 that I bought new with 0 miles on it in August of 04.should be able to get close to 10,000 by the end of 05.

Leave a comment:

• mystahagy
    replied
    22k miles on my '95

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Originally posted by STL-KAT-600
    Originally posted by wilson1
    Mine has 9,856 miles...pretty low for a 1995!
    I win, My '95 only has 7,245, I bought it 2 months ago with 6,126.

What color is yours? I got the sweet teal.
    Got you both, I have a 96 with 3950 miles.....

Leave a comment:

• katman05
    replied
    Just over 700 miles and still breaking her in.

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyber
    They have both; MPH is the larger and on the outside, but they are usually imprinted with KPH on the inner ring if they were built after 1978 -- with a few exceptions (some of the US-specific brands don't).
    here it is the opposite....KPH the larger and MPH the smaller inner ring. In 78 it must have been very few models that had both because up until not long ago the speedo was an issue for all cars coming into Canada. I know several guys who buy accidented vehicles and resell them over here and the speedo was one of the first things that had to be changed. Not on all, but most. Now it is less of an issue, so I never should have asked if you had both cuz I already knew the answer. Brain fart and I wasn't thinking.
    It was a PITA to change the speedo cuz not only did you have to do the work, but you also had to go to inspection with the old one and do a comparison of mileage between the old one and the new one so that the true mileage was recorded. Actually, I think they actually set the new one to the correct mileage.

Leave a comment:

• The CyberPoet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mojoe
    actually, compared to the rest of the world, you americans are the ones using the different units. I am not 100% positive on this, but I do believe you are the only country in the world who has not got a handle on the metric system.
    Some countries still use it other than the USA (such as parts of the UK where they display both)...

Wasn't there some talk of the US converting over to the metric sysyem? Whatever happened to that?
    It started with President Carter and ended with the end of his presidency. Older Americans never got the hang of it and it caused all sorts of confusion when they started posting speed limits in KPH in some spots...

Do all you vehicles still have "mph" only on your speedometers? Or is kph there also?
    They have both; MPH is the larger and on the outside, but they are usually imprinted with KPH on the inner ring if they were built after 1978 -- with a few exceptions (some of the US-specific brands don't).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Olta
    Not all of us are retired...although I wish I were
    You know, I have actually put on less mileage per say than when I was working. When I was working, all my free time was spent riding. Now that I am retired, I spend more time doing other things that I never had time for. Also, you have to take into consideration that I had that bike for 12 years.....hence the high mileage.

Originally posted by banana
    i've got 63,275,520 feet on mine. what? if the canadians can use different units, why can't I? silly kilometers.
    actually, compared to the rest of the world, you americans are the ones using the different units. I am not 100% positive on this, but I do believe you are the only country in the world who has not got a handle on the metric system. Wasn't there some talk of the US converting over to the metric sysyem? Whatever happened to that? Do all you vehicles still have "mph" only on your speedometers? Or is kph there also?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X