X

Use your centerstand often ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigCorySBFMC707
    never use it and if i decide to keep the bike, I am taking it off , does anyone know if it comes off easy and does it mess up the bike at all if you do that?
    i removed mine - you need to remove the stock pipe to get at the right side bolt. i then got a high strength threaded rod and drilled out the oem threads that are on the welded nuts ( on the bracket that stays on the frame ) so when i lube the chain, change the oil etc. i can reattach the centerstand in about 15 seconds.

tim

Comment

Poll needs another option, 'Occasional use - no intention of removing'

I use it for chain lube and parking on sand or questionable pavement - my bike has sunk a few times so I'm paranoid now.
      Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
        I use it for chain lube and parking on sand or questionable pavement - my bike has sunk a few times so I'm paranoid now.
        I keep a flattened coke can under my seat to put under my kickstand for situations like that. I probably should get one of those square steel electrical plates since it's stronger. I don't know how that'd work on sand though?
        Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
          maintenence or winter storage. other than that its on the side stand.
          me too
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I use it when I change the oil and lube the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
              Originally posted by taz
              me too
              Comon KG, u know u can put it on the centerstand more often than that. Flex those muscles !

Comment

I only use mine when I wash my bike.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  Originally posted by Katgirl
                  Originally posted by taz
                  me too
                  Comon KG, u know u can put it on the centerstand more often than that. Flex those muscles !

I'd prefer to not look like I am grunting whilst I do it, its not that easy ya know!
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I don't have a center stand, and I really REALLY wish I did have one dangit. I had one on my Kawasaki, but not Suzi.

*ponders*

Can you add those after market?
                    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Only to clean rear wheel and lube the chain, other than that, it stays on the side stand. I dont like the way she leans to the right on the center stand.
                      2000 Kat 600
                      "Fast Blue"
                      Pic in Profile

Comment

I took mine off. I only used if where i was parking was too much at an incline, but now i pay attention to where i park. IMO the bikes looks better without it
                        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
                          I don't have a center stand, and I really REALLY wish I did have one dangit. I had one on my Kawasaki, but not Suzi.

*ponders*

Can you add those after market?
                          You can just ADD one ! Special K MIGHT have one , or a few others possibly . E-bay perhaps ? Your bike SHOULD'VE came with one , and if it doesn't have one now , that's because someone removed it .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You know ... I just took a gander at my bike and it must have had one. I'll check ebay, thanks
                            Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X