No announcement yet.
X

Ouch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83hp isn't actually "power" torque is where grunt/power comes from then hp takes over at topend. by the way, what was his torque?
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
      83hp isn't actually "power" torque is where grunt/power comes from then hp takes over at topend. by the way, what was his torque?
      HP= TQxRPM/5252

Not a clue. There was quite a crowd around the dyno trailer...... I can say that nobody, not even the Harley guys seemed too impressed with it. I actually know the Buell's hp number because I overheard a Harley guy talking to his buddy about it as he walked away. For the top-fuel type racket it was making, it should have made much more.

Just as a comparison, I would guess it was in the 70's, based on how sportster motors tend to go.

That Torque vs Horsepower argument is real popular amongst the Import vs Domestic crowds. Unfortunately, HP is still king. Torque feels more impressive, sure. But HP gets you from A to B faster.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        Well there you go! He just bought a Harley. -He's used to paying twice what the bike's worth so that's why he thinks he'll get $4500 for an 05 Kat.
        Really not gonna happen in Florida!
        Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
        '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
        '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
        '11 Kawasaki KLR650
        I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

you could try and sell yours for 10 grand, someone might think it's a Busa

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I got one of those HUGE tool sets and I don't need to buy a Harley to use it. Of course I rebuild entire engines, I'm a tad different

Dude, I'm not exactly sure what you classify as... but I do know that your a whole lot more than a "tad different"!!!

Sorry, someone had to do it!

ND

Comment

So what is a good price to pay for a 2005 Katana? I just bought one it is a 750 with 2,400 miles on it. I won't tell what I paid until I get a couple responces. LOL!!!!!
              Chris Powell

Comment

being the 750, about $3500us
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Almost makes me wanna post my v-star up there for around $10k and see what happens.....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Identity crisis here. I liked being on my Sportster 1200 Custom, and it flat moved. But it broke, and I'm about moving, not fixing. My VTX1300C that replaced it has been flawless and pretty fast. The 06 Kat 750 I added in October, well, let's just say it was good to be on a Kat again. Guess that's where I'll stay...fast-for-me sportbike and cool cruiser. I still like Harleys, but they have reliability issues, and then there's that "mock badass image" that this old hippie musician doesn't care for. The hype, it hinders.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmaster View Post
                      So what is a good price to pay for a 2005 Katana? I just bought one it is a 750 with 2,400 miles on it. I won't tell what I paid until I get a couple responces. LOL!!!!!
                      I'll go $3,750. And, i'm a cheap bastage...
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                        I'll go $3,750. And, i'm a cheap bastage...
                        Okay as promised I spent $3,800 that included tax and title out the door.
                        Chris Powell

Comment

Working...
                        X