X

Help for a lurker please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a lurker please.

Hey everyone, thanks for popping in. I'm not much of a poster, but I constantly lurk around on the forums and all of the problems I've had with my bike I've been able to fix by doing simple searches. However, I've encountered a slightly bigger problem. Last week on Wednesday an old man took a red light as he made a right turn and to not hit him I applied the brakes, front and back, but put too much pressure on the back brake and the bike slid to the floor and I cracked the starter clutch cover (the one that says Suzuki on it). I've searched e-bay and all the local bike shops in Miami, and the best answer I've gotten is to find out which year GSX-R my engine came from. The guy from Cycle Gear here in Miami says all Katanas get their engines from the old gixxers. If so, what year gixxer did my 2004 Kat 600 get her engine from? If not, where can I get the starter clutch cover? I tried posting in the Want To Buy section, but I need to have 50 posts in order to do so, and I don't want to clutter the forum with another 45 useless posts just to get my WTB thread started. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS- sorry for so much writing.

ebay, buddy, ebay......
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

it's from the 88-92 GSXR 750 engine, but those engines were black, yours is silver. I believe that silver cover is on a Katana and a Bandit.

Comment

Working...
      X