No announcement yet.
X

Aftermarket horn.... A MUST!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always put that in the top 10 "to do" mods.. I've made people jump with mine.
    It's a satisfying feeling..

Comment

I used the PIIA Euro Sport horns on my Kat, turns a lot of heads. Sounds like a BMW horn but much louder.
      sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

I installed a Freeway Blaster low tone on my bike and had a guy try and cut me off, so I blasted it. I actually had the guy stop dead and open his door to figure out what it was coming from. Made me laugh....

Comment

Stebel Nautilus at 131db makes them s*#t in their pants everytime.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Anyone with a pre mount a freway blaster on their bike? It doesn't seem to fit in the stock location. Just trying to get ideas as to where others put theirs. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah my g/f has an air horn (trumpet style) on her V-star 1100 when she sold it, it sounded like a train. (ya know when you get caught how they blar their horn through towns, yeah picture that coming from a motorcycle) it was hilarious....You could see ppl jump when she laid down the horn lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by super fly View Post
                Anyone with a pre mount a freway blaster on their bike? It doesn't seem to fit in the stock location. Just trying to get ideas as to where others put theirs. Thanks.

You can probably adapt the bracket somehow, or make a new mount near the stock location.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I wish my horn worked. It worked when I got the bike, but now it doesn't.
                  01 Kat 750- daytona blue, black and gunmetal powdercoat, yoshi RS-3, 03+ tail section , Barnett Kevlar clutch and springs, 8k HID's, racerback seat cowl, polished lips and painted rotors, tinted windscreen, lowered, smoked turn and tail lights, intergraded led tail light KatRiders decals,184 White leds! More of them to come.
                  Repaint this winter, along with some other stuff

Comment

What's up with all you rich folks--buyin a fancy aftermarket horn for $20. I took my horn off an old pontiac grand prix.

And yeah, the stock horn was a joke. Even I couldn't hear it on the freeway.

Comment

I mounted both the high and low tone horns on my pre 750. I have the fairings off right now so I will take some photos and post them up. I have them mounted on either side of the bike using the little metal bracket they give you.

Comment

I think to mount mine, i just bent the bracket a bit to get it to fit.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I love my Freeway Blaster..but I have a post
                          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Here is where I ended up putting my freeway blaster. What do you think, good/bad? The only thing i was concerned about was the last picture, the horn opening sticks below the front fairing a little bit.

I'm thinking I can put a high tone on the other side in the same spot eventually.
                            Last edited by super fly; 09-18-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Looks good to me, super. Should really let the sound flow.
                              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Ok, I just didnt know if I should worry about stuff flying in there; bugs, dirt, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X