Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Who the hell plays with another man's (pet)cock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the hell plays with another man's (pet)cock?

OK, petcock, but what gives? I rode into work today and parked in the usual bike spots and when I cut out early at noon, I fired it up and noticed a rough idle. When I pulled away, I smelled gas and the throttle wasn't responding well at all. I looked down and it was on prime. Who does that? There was a Kat I had never seen before parked in the row but why would a fellow Kat rider do something so heinous? It's fine now, but who knows how long it was like that. I can't get too bummed out about it considering the amazing weather today that is forecast to last through Monday.

If being set on prime is causing a problem with idol, you might want to check for sticking floats..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That's good to know, thanks, I'll look at that. What does happen if you leave it on prime indefinitely? Everything cleared up when I switched it back to ON.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMaxEsq View Post
        That's good to know, thanks, I'll look at that. What does happen if you leave it on prime indefinitely? Everything cleared up when I switched it back to ON.
        You'll have a puddle of gas underneath your bike.

Comment

check it next time you leave it at work, could just be a co-worker playing a dirty prank.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
            check it next time you leave it at work, could just be a co-worker playing a dirty prank.
            Unfortunately, I have about 5,000 co-workers. It's gonna take some time to question and rough up each and every one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jgust25 View Post
              You'll have a puddle of gas underneath your bike.
              not if your floats are set and working properly

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

You should pull his fuel line off and set his petcock to prime

Comment

Don't you think you should change your oil after that episode??? You don't know how long it's been on prime.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                    thats is correct I left my petcock on prime for two days and there was no gas under bike
                    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                      I was gonna say that

Comment

it can be left on Prime indefinitely if your floats are set to spec, as mentioned above. if you have a float out of adjustment enough to allow fuel past when the bike is sitting, it will likely sneak out through the intake boots at the cylinder head or worse down the cylinder. gas will sneak past the rings and leak into the oil if it flows freely into the cylinder requiring an oil change (let it sit overnight with the drain plug out, and rock it every now and then. i'd drain the oil cooler too)

and nobody should touch other people's motorcycles without permission, agreed
                        1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

well, that's what happens when you leave your cock hanging around in public unattended.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Maybe a little kid that thought what does this little neat knob do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                              well, that's what happens when you leave your cock hanging around in public unattended.

Comment

Working...
                              X