X

Lockhart license plate help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockhart license plate help

I bought a Lockhart-phillips led license plate frame...this is the one that has the signals molded into the bottom of it.... it has only three wires coming off it so before I start cutting and what not.... what wires are going to the stock signals now....is this a one ground system...what would you do?

Thank you

Well after getting home I noticed there are 2 wires for each rear signal.... I am guessing one is a ground.... so if I am right on this plate there is 3 wires.... 1 for each signal and then the 2 grounds that are on each of the stock signals will go to the 1 ground on this one.....is that right...anyone

Comment

sounds about right for not being able to see it. But that makes sense to me.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Did it not come with instructions???

Comment

Nope not at all..... real nice huh with an electric piece being added on...

Comment

yup sound right. Each signal has a POS and a NEG conection. The biggest thing is to not button everything down before trying them out first.

Comment

I am going to just twist them together and test and if all works will seal up the connections right.... I am doing this this weekend...should make for a nice clean look

Comment

anything is better than the stock shovel that the Kat comes with.

Comment

Put a "fender eliminator" on mine. I hated the shovel look.
                  Bandit
                  '99 Katana 600

Comment

Try a continuity test with an Ohm meter, test your leads for continuity.
                    That would avoid any danger of burning your new plate frame. Then I would test it with a spare battery before mounting it.

Comment

Please oh Please dont cut your stock wiring.. Its to easy to add bullet conector tothe lockhart or match the connectors. Youll thank yourself later for not cutting the stock ends.
                      sigpic

Comment

It is done....before and after pics here....

Comment

Working...
                        X