X

Quick question about taillight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about taillight

When i turn the key the front light goes on but the rear does not. When i hit the break it does....... So whats the problem because at night people cant see me from the back !

any help ... thanks alot !

sounds like a dodgey ground to me.. could take the back seat off and have a look for corrosion..
    GSX-600Fv
    1997 - 6300miles
    1.35 miles are mine!

Comment

Im a noob so like , which wires theres about 10 wires back there , Color or a diagram or something would help

Comment

hey, i'm the same, lol... only got the bike a week ago..
        GSX-600Fv
        1997 - 6300miles
        1.35 miles are mine!

Comment

try a new bulb, sometimes the light burns out, but the 2nd filament (brake light ) works.. If that does not solve the problem, then look for bad ground..
          2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Anyone know the type of bulb i need and where i can find the instructions on putting it in ? i dont have the instruction manual

Comment

Should be an 1157 bulb, ever change a tail light in a car??

Take the seat off, look towards the the back, should see the tail light and the wires going into the socket.. Grab the socket and twist counter clockwise, slightly till you can pull it towards you, change the bulb, reverse to reinstall bulb and socket. should take you a total of 1 min....

you can even test it before you put it back, by turning the bike on to see if it lights up...

Good luck....
              2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Try To Get The Led Bulb They Look Reral Nice

Comment

If it is a year 98+ :
                  Remove the seat, you can now reach the socket, turn it counter-clockwise and pull it out, then push the bulb in and left to remove it from the socket.

On a older kat... I really don't remember how it was on my 93' but I guess it will be the same.

About the bulb, don't know the reference but it's a 12V 21/5W, they are easily found but if in doubt just bring the old one and find a match just to make sure.
                  Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                  I am fond of my rough edges.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks !!!! it was the bulb, i feel stupid i automatically thought it was the wiring cause of the age. But Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                    X