X

Riding a Gixxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding a Gixxer

I am impressed with the power of my 750 Kat. All I ever rode was V-twins and couldn't believe the power of this bike. Well I was wondering what the heck is it like to ride a GXSR model? I seen there are like 1000 cc models or there about. These bikes must be insane.

jim

They are absolutely nutty. Especially the GSXR 1000. Comparing it to a Kat 750 would be like comparing a K-Car to a Viper.

Comment

My buddies 96 750 Gixxer is great! I rode before I got my current Kat when I was jonesing for a 2-wheeler ride. His is carbed, so I can't speak for the newer models, but it was a ton of fun! He would insist I take it up to the four lane and open it up to get it nice and warm. Quick as anything, I was at 60 in no time if I really got on it. Light quick and tight turning, that thing is a blast! Since I'm 5'8", it's not a bad for for me and he's only and inch or so taller. I haven't ridden it in a while, so I'll have to have him bring it over when I finish mine and we can ride for a while and swap out so I can really see the difference.

Just my $0.02.

-Chance
      I live in my own little world, but it's ok..... they know me here!

Comment

06 gsxr 1000 90 mph on first gear, that's how insane they are.

Comment

My buddy's will run 160km/h in first which works out to 99.5mph

Here's proof
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Last edited by SeanM; 05-12-2008, 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
            They are absolutely nutty. Especially the GSXR 1000. Comparing it to a Kat 750 would be like comparing a K-Car to a Viper.
            That's just about the right analogy ,too. You may want to explore other options besides a 1000cc. From what you've been writing, doesn't sound like your real comfy with the thought of that much power. Not downing you, just a personal observation. The power delivery on those SS models are different than the sport-touring Kat. Prolly a good step up for you would be the GSXR-750. I read that you mentioned the CBR600RR as well. Either is a good choice. There are a lot of potent choices out there. I would just say take your time and make sure your comfortable on it, that's what's important.

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
            My buddy's will run 160km/h in first which works out to 99.5mph

Here's proof
            http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=000_0123.flv
            WOW, 282 km/h with 5th and 6th to go and it got there quick, too....... WOW but in a good way.
            Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

They fly.

Comment

zoom zoom
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My buddy had a GSX r 750, hell of a lot faster than my kat. I say had cause a lady decided she wanted to hit him last week making an illegal u turn.

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78232 Thats a post i made back in 05 right after i baught my 1k. Since you are asking bout them.

And there realy isnt any comparison.

yes first geer would indicate 99 stock. I think on gps that ended up being something like 80 or 85 mph tho. THey are off pretty bad. 62mph indicated was 55 with stock geers on mine when it was baught.

I could try to type everything in here. but it would be easier to read the old review if you are really interested in the literbikes.
                    Last edited by BLACKDEATH; 05-12-2008, 11:23 PM.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
                      My buddy had a GSX r 750, hell of a lot faster than my kat. I say had cause a lady decided she wanted to hit him last week making an illegal u turn.

i trust he's ok?!?!?!?
                      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I had an 03 gixxer 600 and an 04 gixxer 1k. Both were insanely quick. The 1000 was down right scary fast. The previous owner had a bunch of motor work done to it and just about everything you can think of minus power adders. It dynoed 173whp and the fastest I ever saw on it was 187mph indicated and it wasn't topped out.

Comment

Ok, try this for acceleration. These are MPH not KPH

150mph in a blink. Didn't even try until 50mph

Kawasaki ZX-14

Yes, it is that fast!!!

Last edited by Zepp; 05-13-2008, 03:01 AM.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post

Kawasaki ZX-14

Yes, it is that fast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Igtdvfb-E

MAN THATS INSANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post

Kawasaki ZX-14

Yes, it is that fast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Igtdvfb-E
                              ill be brand loyal... 4:00 to 4:15 (kawi pass) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cYY...eature=related hahahaha
                              Last edited by IndyGunner; 05-13-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X