X

Low End Torque 06 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low End Torque 06 Katana

Hey I'm looking for the best way to take a stock 06 Kat and get some more low end torque! I want the best bang for the buck whats the best way to get the torque to pop some wheelies. I wanna do some tricks just feel like the low end drags off the start. I can tell the power is there just isn't snappy enough to get'r up. Thanks for listening hope you got some help for me.

rear sprocket change
    '06 600 Katana
    http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
    Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
    Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Definitely rear sprocket change...consider a chain at the same time however otherwise your new sprocket will wear to fit your stretched chain in no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by celticages View Post
        Definitely rear sprocket change...consider a chain at the same time however otherwise your new sprocket will wear to fit your stretched chain in no time at all.
        Yeah I should have mentioned this as well. Whenever changing out a sprocket or a chain you should replace both sprockets and the chain. Well ok not sure if it applies to the sprockets so much when replacing a chain but definately when replacing a sprocket you should replace both the front and the rear sprocket and the chain.
        Last edited by TheWrightKat; 05-10-2008, 08:42 PM.
        '06 600 Katana
        http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
        Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
        Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Forget wheelies on a Kat. It's too heavy. You'll blow out your fork seals bud.
          sigpic

"Computer users who do not back up their data deserve to lose it, period." - William H. Gates III

Comment

Go up to a 50 teeth rearsprocket going down 1 teeth in the front (MAX and only if you're doing the rearsprocket change.)
            ignition-advancer, jetkit (I hear Ivan's is best)
            Be sensible and have fun.

Originally posted by ckoepke View Post
            Forget wheelies on a Kat. It's too heavy. You'll blow out your fork seals bud.
            I still don't know which moron did tell this first, he/she gets the price for telling the better BS.

Try to think before you parrot somebody else.
            Last edited by kwebbel; 05-12-2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
              parrotting
              Like the bird?
              2005 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X