X

need oil and filter but where?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need oil and filter but where?

i am about to change the oil and filter on my 99 katana but the filter thats on there is suzuki and i know im not gonna find a suzuki oil filter within 200 miles of this sh*t hole! so i was wondering what oil filter i should use on it and what oil i should use im thinking 10w50. i need somthing i can get at orielly or auto zone, but dont trust them to tell me what i should use! i found an owners manual on the internet and it suggests oil but my bike has 13500 miles on it and i wasnt sure if i should change the type of oil cause of the mileage. thanks for your help
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Autozone sells motorcycle oil also most Wal-Marts sell Mobile1 mx4t synthetic motorcycle oil. As for your filter Autozone carries a fram oil filter for the katana but the best advice I can give you is order an OEM filter from TheCyberPoet.
    '06 600 Katana
    http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
    Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
    Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

just curious, where would this **** hole be?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I actually went to autozone just a few hours ago for a filter. They had 3 on the books as being a direct fit, but I checked all of them and the thread pitch was way off. Check before ruining your engine by stripping out the filter threads. I just ordered one off ebay
        The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

this **** hole is called harrisonville missouri is south of kansas city. there are a few motorcycle shops around here but i dont trust any of them. there all about money. thats weird i went to autozone and orielly and they both old me they had nothing.
          Last edited by delkampg; 05-11-2008, 09:49 AM.
          99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
          06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
          06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
          lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Try here

and here for filter

“What you own is your own kingdom
            What you do is your own glory
            What you love is your own power
            What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Originally posted by delkampg View Post
              this **** hole is called harrisonville missouri is south of kansas city. there are a few motorcycle shops around here but i dont trust any of them. there all about money. thats weird i went to autozone and orielly and they both old me they had nothing.
              well autozone, advance and napa will have the oil. you can use valvoline motorcycle oil. It is rather cheap and meets the requirements for the kat. Your local shops might be all about the money, i feel ya on this one, everywhere around here wants $500-600 for a set of z6 tires installed, but the filter on the kat is very common within the suzuki lineup, so go there, even at $10 it isn't bad.

hell fram is **** and has had problems before on oil cooled engines, but walmart sells them and they also sell the oil

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
              X