X

decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decision

I talked to my local dealer , and they will take my bike plus $5000, to get a new SV1000S, still not sure if I'm willing to get rid of the Kat, not sure what the SV's are like, they sure look great, and what about longevity of the SV, I said I would sleep on it, what do you guys think, I was also thinking of the SV 650,

What year is your Kat? I wish I would've never gotten rid of my SV. Plenty of torque, fun to ride, and pretty comfy. If you can afford the 1000, go with that. If not, the 650 has been a great bang for the buck for a bunch of years.

Comment

I love the v-twin soul. I don't think the sv650 is a rocket but it's respectably powerful (70+ hp) and light. If money is the key, I'd consider a clean used TL-S (not the TL-R) especially if you like Suzuki. A good, clean Honda Superhawk 996 is another good option. I did have a Ducati but they are way down on power compared to these others (unless you can afford the 996, 998, 999, or 1098) but they have a sexy factor which can't be matched...and those desmo valves are freaking music. If money is no option and you want new...get the sv1000.

Comment

I have a 2006, the SV are a good looking bike, and I don't need or want gobs of power, and as for as Ducati, I can't afford, plus I don't really care for the looks, just wondering about longevity of the SV's, then again I just might say to hell with it and just keep the Kat, but when the dealership keeps droping the price on the SV1000, just to get rid of them it's tempting

Comment

I've heard good things about the 650...and almost bought one before my current Kat..just happened to get a better deal on the Kat, or I'd be riding the SV now instead. I still dream of the SV1000s. My uncle was selling one for someone at his shop a couple years ago, with dual aftermarket exhausts (can't remember brand) and it shook the earth when he started it up. The sound on those twins r just friggen awesome!
          2005 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
          X