X

finally got my fan on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
    Looks like we had the same idea at about the same time.

I had the same problem with the Ninja 250 fan as well.
    yup, great minds think alike.. lol... i dont see why they dont come with fans,, i know its not totally necessary but i think its nice having a little more control over your temp.

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
      well there really isn't room for it behind it. I don't see it being that much of a hinderance as either you can have it always run or there are many cars that have fans on the front.

location wise, you are limited to the front of the cooler.

is it wired with a thermostate? switch? or always on? have an oil temp sensor?
      Every car I've owned has the fan behind the radiator, not to mention the radiator is much larger, so air flow isn't as big of a problem as on the Kat with a wheel and fender causing air flow problems.

As Squiggy showed, it is possible to put a fan behind the cooler. That's why it's called a Mod, you have to modify the existing setup to make it work.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I think that is a nice job. I have been looking into adding a fan to mine also. I know last year there were some days that just super hot. (here in FL)

What year gsxr fan did you use? It looks big. I was wondering what the dimensions on the fan plus the depth. I want to put it behind the cooler. I was also looking at the new hayabusa cooling fans, they look sharp, but not sure about dimensions yet. otherwise I might go with squiggy's fan since it fit.
        Last edited by Mat0302; 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
          I think that is a nice job. I have been looking into adding a fan to mine also. I know last year there were some days that just super hot. (here in FL)

What year gsxr fan did you use? It looks big. I was wondering what the dimensions on the fan plus the depth. I want to put it behind the cooler. I was also looking at the new hayabusa cooling fans, they look sharp, but not sure about dimensions yet. otherwise I might go with squiggy's fan since it fit.
          i forgot what year its from, yeah. it is big lol real big. it moves alot of air though, sounds kinda like a hair dryer :P.. if you want it behind the cooler you should probably use the fans he used

Comment

What are the measurements for it? just an estimate on on depth, width, and height?
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
              What are the measurements for it? just an estimate on on depth, width, and height?
              ill get them for you, im going riding later tonight ill check then

Comment

Originally posted by 2001kat600 View Post
                yeah, dont really want the fan blowing back, away from the cooler when its in front of it, lol... i actually used one from an air/oil cooled fourwheeler (honda foreman).. i cut the line going to the cooler, and put a T fitting in with the temp sender in that.. im not an engineer so i know i probably did stuff not right by some ppl, but it works
                Thumbs up for ingenuity and adaptation, etc., and to heck with the ppl who may give you a hard time because it's not...perfect. I think you did a great job! I want to imitate you and imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Comment

Originally posted by celticages View Post
                  Thumbs up for ingenuity and adaptation, etc., and to heck with the ppl who may give you a hard time because it's not...perfect. I think you did a great job! I want to imitate you and imitation is the highest form of flattery.
                  thank you! i appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by 2001kat600 View Post
                    it moves alot of air though, sounds kinda like a hair dryer :P..
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

it sounds just like one lol

Comment

With the stock exhaust on someone will say "it sounds like a sewing machine...and a hair dryer".
                        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

With the stock exhaust on someone will say "it sounds like a sewing machine...and a hair dryer".

well geez.. ur right... im getting to be too domestic... well if my D&D would ever get here itd sound like a pǝssıd ɟɟo sewing machine with a blow dryer:P
                          Last edited by 2001kat600; 05-08-2008, 03:56 AM.

Comment

there aint no way that "license plate light" is legal.... hahaha... if it is... touche...
                            THE EMAIL BANDIT
                            F4 I stunted out
                            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                              there aint no way that "license plate light" is legal.... hahaha... if it is... touche...
                              haha yea. its prolly not, for a long time i didnt even have one back there at all lol.. my blue front lights arent legal either either, but so far so good..
                              Last edited by 2001kat600; 05-08-2008, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X